Dishonored - Making of @ Noclip

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Noclip interviewed Arkane Studios about Dishonored:

The Making of Dishonored | Noclip Documentary

We fly to France and Texas to talk to the developers at Arkane Studios about the design of their most beloved franchise; Dishonored.
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

The clockwork mansion is just pure madness :lol:

Many of those levels have an outstanding style, glad Viktor Antonov could implement the vision so well, and show the path.

I need to play Dishonored 2. I keep hearing all these cool things about it, but it's been stuck in my backlog forever. I really liked the first game as well as everything else Arkane has developed.

I think I first finished Dishonored 1/2 and the expansion to 2 just a couple of months ago. Absolutely had a blast in 2. 1 was also good, but it didn't have a real-time tracking system to show you if you were detected or not. So I didn't bother ghosting the game. But I did do a ghost/no-kill run through part 2, which was a lot of fun.

I hope that with Microsoft buying these IPs, there's a good chance we'll see a 3rd one.

Redglyph said:
The clockwork mansion is just pure madness

I think that area was the single most difficult area to ghost through. Especially the final maze where you're locked in with the automaton. I abused the hell out of the save/load system for that, to keep from being seen at all. Highly imaginative area nevertheless.

Oh, and I also just remembered
the final encounter with the evil scientist dude and the two automatons that guard him. God that also took a lot of reloads. But I loved the improvizational system of the game, and the solution I found to distract them, and then manage to kidnap the dude and place him in the lobotomy machine.

Great fun was had in that game. Also, the exploration was fantastic.

Oh, I also just remembered the fun I had with the expansions to Dishonored 1. Those were also great, and really worth playing. Ah, good memories.

I thought they did a Dishonored documentary before? Thanks for sharing @Redglyph.

The first two game are always on my replay list. I just didn't care for Death of the Outsider. Wonder how they could go back to the setting now after that game?
The clockwork mansion is just pure madness.
Not ashamed to admit I needed a walk-trough for that level.

I need to play Dishonored 2. I keep hearing all these cool things about it, but it's been stuck in my backlog forever. I really liked the first game as well as everything else Arkane has developed.
Dishonored 2 is a must-play!

Dishonored 2 is a must-play!

Indeed. And it excels in so many directions. My jaw was on the floor after I had passed the
time manipulation level, and only after finishing it, while trying to not interfere with anything, did I find out that you can actually change the course of history for certain characters. It's a little detail, nothing significant to the main plot, but they actually went through the trouble of implementing that

Oh, and I also just remembered
the final encounter with the evil scientist dude and the two automatons that guard him. God that also took a lot of reloads. But I loved the improvizational system of the game, and the solution I found to distract them, and then manage to kidnap the dude and place him in the lobotomy machine.
And I remember that
electrical mines kill machines and knock-out people (may be you need an appropriate upgrade). Therefore placing enough of those while staying undetected makes this situation very easy for no-kill ghosting…

My favorite part was the level with time-travelling and
the possibility to save the mine owner from getting insane. Edit: and he joins your "party" after that…

Edit: the last post from @danutz_plusplus; and myself were posted at the same time…

And I remember that
electrical mines kill machines and knock-out people (may be you need an appropriate upgrade). Therefore placing enough of those while staying undetected makes this situation very easy for no-kill ghosting…

I didn't do it like that. But it's impressive there are these many ways of doing it.
I just distracted the automatons, then somehow managed to blink to the scientist, and take him from under their noses. I forgot a bunch of details, but I remember it wasn't that simple.

My favorite part was the level

Yeah, that's the same one I mentioned just now. I was floored.
Also, might be worth editing the message a little, since the subject could give away the surprise.

Back
Top Bottom