Skyrim - Skywind - Official Development Video #6

Impressive work, and such a large number of people who were involved so far. How long has it been, 6 years?

It's a tremendous and commendable effort, and I'd probably play it once it's finished but I wonder if all that work wouldn't have been better used to create something new and original, preferably with the same spirit as Morrowind.

Talking of which, Morrowind was to me that unique game with no quest pointers, which took a natural way to introduce the player to the world. From the gameplay I saw, I'm not sure it's the path they want to take. But it's nice to see they add more flexibility in solving quests, and other content to the world.

It's an insane project. :D

I agree it's pretty impressive, especially when you consider they're not making any money from it.

I had thought they were basically doing a 1:1 copy of Morrowind using Skyrim's engine, but after watching the video, I see that's not the case. They're also expanding the dungeons and adding their own areas in some places.

Wouldnt it be beneficial for everyone (i am purely egoistic here) to release a kind of alpha version with everything that works already? I would really like to play it..

It does look interesting. Unfortunately they based it on the SE edition which I don't have and probably won't get just to play this mod.

I think the SE will also be used for Skyblivion.
I had Oldrim but bought SE just to able to play these two amazing mods.
When they release in 2024-2025.

Yeah, I think using SE is probably extremely helpful here. Being stuck with a 32 bit executable and DX 9's horrible memory handling was a major PITA for big mod overhauls.

I consider Morrowind still my favorite of the Elder Scrolls games, and one of my favorite games to this day, so I understand the passion for it - but this is just bizarre

Anyone who owned Skyrim on Steam got the SE version automatically when it was released. Is Skyrim on other (PC) platforms?

Last edited:
Im really looking forward to this as i never did play the original…(a sin i know)

Looks good, as always. I was pleased to hear that they are redesigning and enhancing the dungeons.

I'm very interested in this remake. Looks beautiful. But its kind of worrying they are asking for volunteers in so many different departments of the game making process. I guess they can't pay people because they can't charge for the game unless they make an agreement or some sort of arrangement with Bethesda.

Tried Morrowind recently with all the new bells & whistles: still was boring as hell. Hacking away at homing-missile AI monsters and fulfilling quests rewarded by anemic texts in the dialog system.. come on, that's what they call gameplay? There was one fun encounter, when a man fell in the sky, which went half outside camera, my field of vision. :D Underrail is more fun with its trash combat system with the latest patch, than Morrowind with its billion MODS clashing-crashing with each other and 3D map bugs, etc. After having had enough clubbing at liches in story-dungeons or city guards for expensive armor and swimming underwater or flying, the game quickly became a repetitive bore. NPCs tiring and redundant with their tales & agendas. Uninstalled.
I'd rather play Underrail, as the writing and NPC encounters are decent there.

Anyone who owned Skyrim on Steam got the SE version automatically when it was released. Is Skyrim on other (PC) platforms?

I had skyrim and dawnguard on Steam (not dragonborn), so i didn't get a free update to SE. I had to rebuy.

Tried Morrowind recently with all the new bells & whistles: still was boring as hell. Hacking away at homing-missile AI monsters and fulfilling quests rewarded by anemic texts in the dialog system.. come on, that's what they call gameplay? There was one fun encounter, when a man fell in the sky, which went half outside camera, my field of vision. :D Underrail is more fun with its trash combat system with the latest patch, than Morrowind with its billion MODS clashing-crashing with each other and 3D map bugs, etc. After having had enough clubbing at liches in story-dungeons or city guards for expensive armor and swimming underwater or flying, the game quickly became a repetitive bore. NPCs tiring and redundant with their tales & agendas. Uninstalled.
I'd rather play Underrail, as the writing and NPC encounters are decent there.
Maybe it hasn't aged well, and it has a lot of contrasts with other games.

Rather than giving efficient ways to point the players in the right direction, they tried to make them act normally, in a believable world - it's fantasy, but the world is coherent, what happens is justified by lore that the player can read, hear and so on. The players must ask around to find someone or understand what they have to do, it's not fed to them in a quest journal.

Combats and graphics aren't the most appealing features, for sure ;) Overall, it has its own style which is not for everyone, but it has its merits.

I loved the guy falling out of the sky, it was so unexpected :lol:

Maybe it hasn't aged well, and it has a lot of contrasts with other games.

Rather than giving efficient ways to point the players in the right direction, they tried to make them act normally, in a believable world - it's fantasy, but the world is coherent, what happens is justified by lore that the player can read, hear and so on. The players must ask around to find someone or understand what they have to do, it's not fed to them in a quest journal.

Combats and graphics aren't the most appealing features, for sure ;) Overall, it has its own style which is not for everyone, but it has its merits.

I loved the guy falling out of the sky, it was so unexpected :lol:

Yeah, it is what was so enjoyable with this game, back then. Discovering it was enjoyable. But I agree it didn't age well. It's like playing Fallout New Vegas these days. Lot of nostalgia but for newcomer, the world feels pretty bland, empty and of course, ugly.

Back
Top Bottom