Kingmaker - Free Bloody Mess DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a new free DLC called 'Bloody Mess'.

Right before the spookiest night of the year Owlcat Games and Deep Silver would like to say thank you to all the fans who played the game so far and take this opportunity to announce a free DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The “blood on characters” will add more realism to the game as the faces of your trusted companions and awful enemies are stained with red and their clothes will be soaked in blood during the fight.
More information.

Talking about realism, nothing can describe the broken, buggy state of the game more realistically than the dlc's title.

Yeah, I thought this was a poorly named DLC considering the condition of the release.

Heh, having fun reading the comments.

Does the DLC include jibbing, or is that already in the game?

Most liked comment on youtube:
"Fix your game first, I do not care about blood, i care about game-breaking bugs and massive optimization issues"

I love how this guys still could not fix their main game , but DLC is about to be out !
And that bloodstain look as stupid as it was in Dragons Age, it's nowhere near realism.

I love how a free DLC is met with anger. Like they aren't actively trying to fix their game because one of their graphics artists adds blood smears to the game. :rolleyes:

They are working very hard with their fixes...

Seems a lot of games release early with bugs.... I would imagine the finances are the largest contributor to early buggy release. Doesn't mean that the game or the programmers are crap... just the producers putting the squeeze on the programmers... Am I right in this thought?

Their regular patches does them a lot of credit!
I bought this game early, played for a bit, and then will review it in a little while, but I don't regret paying for it.... That gives them funds to continue to make it better!

They are working very hard with their fixes…

Seems a lot of games release early with bugs…. I would imagine the finances are the largest contributor to early buggy release. Doesn't mean that the game or the programmers are crap… just the producers putting the squeeze on the programmers… Am I right in this thought?

Their regular patches does them a lot of credit!
I bought this game early, played for a bit, and then will review it in a little while, but I don't regret paying for it…. That gives them funds to continue to make it better!

I'm sure that's right - I don't think it's a lack of care and competence on the part of the devs. I think financial pressures force them to shove things out the door at the first possible moment. The way I deal with it is to treat release day as the start of the unofficial beta. If I think it's a good project, I'll buy it anyway, but then shelve it for several months until it's actually complete.

I see someone already mentioned Dragon Age. Always cracked me up to watch the characters hold civilized dialogue after a fight looking like serial killers from a horror movie.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a certain kind of charm that's hard to put a finger on. I'm going to enjoy it greatly...after six or so months worth of patches!

Well it might be a good game that I enjoy but its on track to beat another game on GOG called Spellforce III in a few months. That game had over thirty patches to date.

It's laughable when your game needs thirty patches to fix it, and it's still broken. Anyway I've come to except this when games went digital, and patches are plenty.

Last edited:
I would normally agree with "broken product shouldn't be allowed to be in market" but not the case for Kingmaker.

Yes, the later chapters have many issues but… it's so.bloody.fun!!! One of the best game I've played :D

And in all honesty, many reported "bugs and issues" weren't real, a lot of time it was players not understanding the mechanics (or don't even try to learn it).

Also, have you guys considered the size of this game and how complex it is? I'm not saying that justifies for having all these issues but I can understand why this game has more issues. It was a bit too ambitious especially considering this is Owlcats first game but I'm glad they took the risk.

I would normally agree with "broken product shouldn't be allowed to be in market" but not the case for Kingmaker.

Yes, the later chapters have many issues but… it's so.bloody.fun!!! One of the best game I've played :D

And in all honesty, many reported "bugs and issues" weren't real, a lot of time it was players not understanding the mechanics (or don't even try to learn it).

Also, have you guys considered the size of this game and how complex it is? I'm not saying that justifies for having all these issues but I can understand why this game has more issues. It was a bit too ambitious especially considering this is Owlcats first game but I'm glad they took the risk.
Yea, the game is YUGE! It is easily the size of BG2. I imagine Bg2 would be just as buggy if that was Bioware first release and they could only work on it for 2 years.

Bought the game one week after release. Playing it since then and its so much fun. Dont remeber having this good ride since BG1+2 or PT. On top of that I feel like lottery winner because I encountered more bugs in PoE2 then in this game and I have no performace issues on my very average PC. Im probably somewhere at the end of second chapter though. By the way, with regard to comments about numerous patches, the developers mentioned they will take route of smaller but frequent updates in the post release phase.

. By the way, with regard to comments about numerous patches, the developers mentioned they will take route of smaller but frequent updates in the post release phase.
Sorry I have to laugh as most patches are 500mb to 5GB's, and that's not counting how many times I had to re-download my GOG copy. So yes frequent but not smaller.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom