Fallout 76 - Gameplay Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Fallout 76 has a new gameplay video which demonstrates the character customization system.

At QuakeCon 2018, Bethesda presented a new gameplay video for Fallout 76 that focuses on its character customization system. In Fallout 76, players will wake up in a vault and they will be able to customize their characters (like in previous Fallout games, though the system has been improved in various ways).

[...]

More information.

Thing about these staged gameplay events is they don't have %%POOPYHEAD69%% show up and try to dry-hump your avatar, which is much of what you'll be facing in this wonderful online world.

This might interest a few of you.

Bethesda Says Fallout 76 Avoiding Steam Doesn't Mean All Future Games Will

Link - http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08...-future-games-will-too-doom-eternal-undecided
“We did not announce ‘all future Bethesda games will not be on Steam,’” Hines explained. “That is not what we said. We said ‘this game will be available exclusively on Bethesda.net.’”

When asked whether Doom Eternal would be skipping Steam as well, Hines said they don’t know yet. “We haven’t decided on anything else, this is specific to Fallout 76 given the kind of game it is -- it’s an online, ongoing game,” he continued. “[Doom Eternal] may or may not, but it hasn’t been decided on anything else yet.”
So for now only Fallout 76 but future games are undecided.

Sounds to me like Hines is simply hedging his bets/expectations. So if this flops the next game(s) might make it to steam, and if it succeeds, you can be assured that the following games will follow the trend. Honestly, I don't see how they can expect to have the numbers of past Fallout games with this absurd change of directions. Then again, people aren't always smart.

Looks not too bad!

Still a MMORPG though!!
I suspect this will be the next big thing! (the next wow IMO)
Its potential is very high, with the money backing it!

Good stuff if you like MMORPGs
(I suspect I might like it, and the only MMORPG I liked was wow (before wife and kids though lol)

I think it looks fantastic. The Perk system means they can keep adding meaningful progression long after release with minor effort - and I love the visuals, too.

Should make for a ton of variety in terms of character builds.

They've made it clear that they're not going to offer anything but cosmetics for real money - so I'm not worried about P2W. Not that I ever worry much about that, as it's almost never the case.

Only the most ignorant publishers/developers would ruin their own game with true P2W options.

Perk packs on sale at a waste land retailer near you, just use some of that funny paper money in your wallet.

Its not loot boxes but sucks the cash out of the suckers just as well.

They confirmed Perk Packs will be obtainable only through leveling. You can't buy them.

Pathetic video with iPhone graphics and a few old farts trying to impress mainstream by talking nonsense.

Maybe FOOnline wasn't such a bad idea considering the PR capacity they displayed - this kind of video wouldn't be able to sell any singleplayer copy.

So I'm a bit confused; from the description of the game it sounds like this is a non-pvp multiplayer shooter with no quest or story npc; just opponents ?

So I'm a bit confused; from the description of the game it sounds like this is a non-pvp multiplayer shooter with no quest or story npc; just opponents ?

No, it's very much like Fallout 4 - except you pick up quests from robots, audio journals - or simply by coming across them in the environment. There will also be PvP - but they're trying to minimize the griefing possible.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-mutations
Fallout 76 will let you turn into a kangaroo
Will Corwin finally leave DDO for another mmo? :D

w4yt4nytudrigz0ijply.gif

Last edited:
The same way they said Creation Club isn't paid mods…

They're not paid mods. They are essentialy third party DLCs. It's just as likely they wouldn't exist without Creation Club.

Paid mods would imply that anyone can sell their mods which is not the case. Bethesda has tried paid mods with steam and it was a disaster and clear warning that it would not work.

They're not paid mods. They are essentialy third party DLCs. It's just as likely they wouldn't exist without Creation Club.

Paid mods would imply that anyone can sell their mods which is not the case. Bethesda has tried paid mods with steam and it was a disaster and clear warning that it would not work.

You keep telling yourself that ;)

Yeah, I'm a cynic... and the cynic in me says at some point, perk packs will be for sale. And maybe they'll only have cosmetic perks that don't affect gameplay... regardless, these are the small steps that eventually lead towards EA/Ubidom.

Regardless, when I see them talking up great new features like posing for a selfie and applying filters ala Instagram or whether for your badge, I realize this is a game moving away from the things I enjoy in games.

Last edited:
Many of the heads seem cartoonish. The game is diverging ever more from its cRPG roots.

Back
Top Bottom