38 Studios - Rise and Fall

The game has Very Positive reviews on Steam, too. 88% of the 7200+ user reviews are positive.

I've said enough about the game for anyone reading to make up their mind. It seems I'm always writing walls of text about this game for some reason. I didn't ask for that. :p I followed it very closely for a year or two during development and past its release, so I guess it has a special place in my heart. I was looking forward to 38 Studios future ventures but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, I would suggest anyone who wants a huge fantasy world to adventure in that is a bit different in that it's a stylized, high fantasy and colorful world, check it out. :) And I'd highly suggest grabbing the DLC as well. Lots of quality content for the price.

The Legend of Dead Kel DLC is more of an expansion, with at least 20 hours of new area to explore and quest through.

This. The other DLC, About Titan Gods in the sky, was very well done also.

Big Huge Games problem was mostly management and giving away the farm to the employees before the harvest actually came in.

Yep. Not sure of all the details but I heard management did them in as well.

Both DLCs were basically expansions with lots of new content. Legend of Dead Kel was their development and design at its peak, IMO. I didn't get to much of the other one but my dad really enjoyed that one as well.

That's how I would describe Skyrim too, endless boring grind, easy combat, nice but empty world. Only story was nowhere near as decent as the KoA one, and the combat was even more boring. Yet it's one of the best selling titles ever… never ceases to amaze me.

Good comparison.

Enjoyed Skyrim and still do (occasionally), but

KoA had way better story and characters than skyrim, enjoyed my play-through for what it was.

C

Yeah, I am playing thru it on my new rig and it is so pretty, the art is really well done.
I wish they could have hung on for the MMO but that's life.

I had high hopes for this one as well. I met Salvatore back in our everquest one days, and when I heard he was involved, I thought it would be an awesome game. I was wrong, it's happened before and it will likely happen again.

Back
Top Bottom