Gothic The cancelled Gothic 1 expansion

Great info, thanks. I had no idea about the cancelled Gothic 1 expansion. I was a huge Gothic 1 fan, and spent most of my early internet/forum days on World of Gothic (the english boards), but heard nothing about the expansion.

So it seems we have Jowood, again, to thank for its cancellation.
And seeing how awesome and improved Night of the Raven turned the original G2, I can only imagine how good an expansion would have been for G1. Sad. Thanks Jowood. :(

Nice found! Fascinating info indeed! So cool how many of those concepts were used in g2 / notr and later games!

And it would be so fun to see even some part of that content released as a mod for g1/g2. Heck I'd pay for it even. :)

I can't believe Gothic 1 led to bankrupcy. Then again, I couldn't also believe Drakensang had the same fate.
Seems if you don't want the company ruined, you need to make a grindfest game. Errr… Nah, I'm wrong, code: Amalur.

I suspected something was planned, mainly because all save games have a specific label on them, saying "World: Main" or something, indicating that there could/should have been something else.

A real shame it was never made.

Being curious here...what happened to "original" developers of PB that worked on G1+2? Are they still in the industry or left it altogether?

A very interesting revelation. Thank you for posting that, HiddenX. It's quite a surprise to find out about it after all these years. That had to be one of the best kept secrets in PC gaming. :)

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that art book mentioned in the first video.

Being curious here…what happened to "original" developers of PB that worked on G1+2? Are they still in the industry or left it altogether?

Some of them still work for PB, but most have moved on, including the main designers and so on. I seem to recall Michael Hoge being the lead designer at PB, and he left a few years ago, but I have no idea what he's currently up to.

Wow, great found!
Though at some point watching this video I felt maybe it was only for good when they cancelled addon and turned it into Gothic 2 - I fear otherwise we would not had Gothic 2 at all.
Too bad we will never see Thora:blush:

Awesome find. That's the first I hear about a cancelled addon as well. Too bad we never got it, though I guess most of it was transferred to G2.

Still, they should have kept the warrior woman and the princess. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom