Gamersgate Version Audio Problems

I got a reply by Gamersgate today that they contacted Deep Shadows about it, so it appears to be in their hands now.

Since I am not in a big hurry, I much prefer a legal solution that is available to everyone who purchased the game: it might end up attracting some more buyers and by this reward Deep Shadows for taking on a risky, ambitious project like Precursors. In my view, this would be the best possible outcome. Downloading an illegal copy would be a work-around only for me, and one that I am not fond of at all. Since I do not have much time for games anyway, I would probably just consider the 30 EUR wasted.

Hey everybody,

I have the exact same issue - I have the Gamergsate version and cannot get the Russian audio... Can anyone who has them re-upload to a new site?

Thanks,

--Cam

Hi again,

I have been in contact with Beamdog and they indicated they may well run a sale soon on their version of Precursors and Xenus 2. So if you were thinking of buying the games soon, or are willing to spend a few $ to get access to the fan improvement pack, that may be the way to go.

--Cam

Good news: the gf_sounds.grp and main.fat files are now available from Gamersgate directly, listed as patches to the original game.

GamersGate customer support is great. This just proves it to me that they really do listen to their customers unlike other services I could name *cough* Origin/Steam *cough*

Thanks, Coyote, for getting them to help us out.

Thank you, although the credit should really go to GamersGate and Deep Shadows. I just asked politely.

Does anyone know whether the GamersGate version is 1.0 or already 1.1?

Is there any way someone could reupload the sound files since Megaupload is gone?

Nevermind. I managed to dig up a disc of the russian version, installed it, took the files I needed from it and put them in my version, then reinstalled Wesps patch. Works perfect.

Does anyone know whether the GamersGate version is 1.0 or already 1.1?

I'm just about to start playing this game. I would like to know the answer to this, as well? Anyone…anyone…Bueller?

Voodoo economics...

It's version 1, the version 1.1 binaries all have starforce in them, so you can upgrade using the available patch, but then you run into copy protection issues. It's possible to get around these issues with a disk image and daemon tools, but it's a bit of a pain in the bum.

Thanks for the reply. However, the Gamersgate version does use Starforce, I believe. I was prompted to enter a serial key when I first ran the game.

Can anyone please upload these sound files, because looks like the file is deleted.
I have updated 1.0.1 official patch and 1.7 unofficial patch, but no weapon sound.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom