What games are you playing now?

Played a little bit of Dead Cells. It's pretty cool. Love the mechanics/world and all that. It's very similar to both Spelunky and Hades. I guess that goes without saying, since they're all rogue-likes. But they each have their strengthes.

Spelunky is so far tops in terms of emergent gameplay. You can go from 60 to 0 in a couple of moves, and lose everything. I find it hard to even reach the third level. But in Dead Cells, with the right equipment I'm quite resilient.

Anyways, all three are good to play.

I have Spelunky, but I didn't play it that far ... I guess I need to take a look at it again ...

Platforming and metroidvanias are my gotos if I want something light. Good old platforming never gets old. From the videos I have seen the spelunkies never felt right to me. A bit too loose, procedural...

Finally finished risen 3, took me 10 months to get into it and then finished it in a couple of days. Fun, but I start noticing the flaws more and more:
1. Too easy at the end. More so for risen 3 as it's open from the start
2. Beginning is tough, which is fine, but combined with the lackluster and clunky combat it is not very fun. When you get a bit more powerful it is just ok (you just notice it less).

Been playing a bit of Monster Hunter: World, and man am I out of my element on this. It's like it was made for a different culture. Japanese I guess.

It's pretty interesting and some things are cool, but also convoluted. I'm still having great difficulties in fighting with my long sword. I constantly miss my enemies while swinging.

But it's still sufficiently interesting to keep me going. But I fought my first giant beast, just randomly stumbled onto one, and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Finally bought and will play Borderlands 3 since the last DLC was released.

Been playing a bit of Monster Hunter: World, and man am I out of my element on this. It's like it was made for a different culture. Japanese I guess.

It's pretty interesting and some things are cool, but also convoluted. I'm still having great difficulties in fighting with my long sword. I constantly miss my enemies while swinging.

But it's still sufficiently interesting to keep me going. But I fought my first giant beast, just randomly stumbled onto one, and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

You can always try different weapons. I'm light bowgun main, sunk in like 700+ hours. Imo, its more fun with friends than playing solo or with randoms. I play with hubby and I'm still enjoying the game a lot.

I tried MHW on a friend's computer and didn't get it either, @danutz_plusplus;. It seems almost like a cosplay festival with beasts to dance around with….

Extremely popular game in Asia though. Millions still seem to play it yearly.

Last edited:
Began the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, but woah is this complicated !
I think I've just become too lazy now over the last years.

I think I've spent half an hour or even more just reading the in-game mechanics explanations.

The first fights - I'm still within the tutorial part of finding all group members again - was fun, but complicated. Lots of thinking. I think I'll enjoy that. :lol:

Hi there, I am new here. I see that someone started Star Wars, I think I will play it as well))

I'm taking a break from EQ2 (Kaladim) until we get the old/new content later this month, so I started a game that I received a few months ago, Persona four. I've only ever played the first game in this series, and I think that was back in ninety seven, so I've not played the second or third. Basically you go to school and maintain a daily routine, while recruiting mates to rescue people that have been taken or gone missing. I'm not really a fan of the daily routine parts, but the searching for the misising folk that involves going into dungeons is pretty neat and fun. So far I've only rescued one missing person.

Been busy climbing heat levels in Hades, maining the Excalibur cus it's by far the easiest and most OP of weapons I think, and I'm really not a twitch player. Today I finally managed to complete a 32 Heat run, which is kinda the point where you can say you "beat the game" (you can increase up to heat 50+, but for some reason 32 is accepted as the standard for both endgame and speedrunning).

Had more fun than anticipated, quite addictive and well made game. Completely bug free as far as I can tell too, and with a sublime soundtrack. Nobody should miss the opportunity of at least giving it a try.

Wasteland 3 - game looks like shit, loadings are a pain in the ass and the UI is fucking consolish; rest is good, level 11 atm, game is enjoyable

Recently discovered Pro Cycling Manager. If you have no interest in cycling then it won't appeal but if you do I highly recommend. The game has two modes - manage a full team of riders or the be a pro mode where you start out as a lowly nobody and work your way up to the top (with yes you guessed it level ups and skill points etc.). I haven't tried the team side of it yet but the be a pro mode is excellent. Been years since I've been so addicted to a game. Anyway this will probably horrify a lot of hardened RPGers but if it sounds up your alley then give it a go.

Oh and no you can't take drugs in it.

Recently discovered Pro Cycling Manager. If you have no interest in cycling then it won't appeal but if you do I highly recommend. The game has two modes - manage a full team of riders or the be a pro mode where you start out as a lowly nobody and work your way up to the top (with yes you guessed it level ups and skill points etc.). I haven't tried the team side of it yet but the be a pro mode is excellent. Been years since I've been so addicted to a game. Anyway this will probably horrify a lot of hardened RPGers but if it sounds up your alley then give it a go.

Oh and no you can't take drugs in it.

I'll suggest this one to my brother-in-law. He'll be all over this. I'm sure my sister will thank me. :p

the outer worlds

just left the first planet, seems fun so far, great writing and much more interesting with non combat skills; also seems way too easy, weapons and ammo everywhere, started on medium and turned to hard later but even that is piece of cake

the outer worlds

just left the first planet, seems fun so far, great writing and much more interesting with non combat skills; also seems way too easy, weapons and ammo everywhere, started on medium and turned to hard later but even that is piece of cake

I just noticed that Outer Worlds will release on steam in 2 weeks.

Finally finished The Summoning. This is a game that starts off solid, but by the middle has turned into a slog. The puzzles are limited in scope and design, and to compensate, the levels becoming increasingly aggravating in how they are built, and the puzzles obscured by multiple fake components. Add in somewhat frequent lock ups and having to let the game run in the background for hours to regenerate spell points, and by the time I finally reached the end, I was glad it was over, and unlike many early 90's RPGs, I have no intention of EVER looking into this one again.

I will say that it does have an unusual choice of multiple endings. Of course, only one is a good ending; the others result in the PC's death and the end of the world, but hey, it's a change in the usual for the era.

It's a far cry from it's engine sibling Veil of Darkness, which despite it's lacking RPG credentials was a solid and enjoyable game all the way to the finish.

After me screwing up my OS install, this actually leaves me with no active games I'm playing (I lost my Final Fantasy 6 save). I'm thinking of trying one of the Pokemon titles, which I've never played before, since I don't have the heart to attempt another FF6 run right now. Though I may reinstall Might and Magic 6 or 7; or perhaps hit one of the newer titles in my immense backlog like Pathfinder or Tides of Numenara or Pillars of Eternity 2.

Back
Top Bottom