BattleTech - Story Trailer and April 24th Release

Fight for honor? I'll fight for your honor as long as you pay me more than the other houses!

Fight for honor? I'll fight for your honor as long as you pay me more than the other houses!

I'm just excited to see a modern Battletech game since the last turn-based one was made by Westwood many moons ago. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing those games remade in this engine.

I'm pretty stoked for this.

But I would love if HBS announced another SR game (i.e, Returns 2.0) as their next project.

I'm pretty stoked for this.

But I would love if HBS announced another SR game (i.e, Returns 2.0) as their next project.
Cant wait to play this also as I was a huge BattleTech fan in the past. :happycry:

As for Harebrained Schemes making another SR game they admitted it wouldn't be done till they found a new engine. As good as Unity was it has limitations on what you can do.

Cant wait to play this also as I was a huge BattleTech fan in the past. :happycry:

As for Harebrained Schemes making another SR game they admitted it wouldn't be done till they found a new engine. As good as Unity was it has limitations on what you can do.

Yeah, and that will require a lot of money, so I hope that Battletech is a huge success for them.

This is the first time I'm actually interested in a mutiplayer mode of a game in many years. I'm even hoping they'll eventually be able to patch in a co-op mode.

Looks great, and it'll likely be a launch purchase for me, to support HBS. This kind of high-end indie is really where most of my interest is focused, these days.

I'll be buying more Shadowrun games and Battletech as well, until they cease making them. Also, should they ever resort to kickstarter again, I'll be there with wallet in hand because, to date, they've not disappointed me.

I'll be buying more Shadowrun games and Battletech as well, until they cease making them. Also, should they ever resort to kickstarter again, I'll be there with wallet in hand because, to date, they've not disappointed me.

Agreed, they are one of perhaps four companies that I would pretty much instant pledge to in a Kickstarter as long as they werent't advertising a mainly Multiplayer game. The others being Larian, Obsidian and inXile.

Ya Shroud of the Avatar is the only KS game I pledged $$ for that I regret and that includes games that failed completely.
Just expected more from Garriott and his team.

Regret is a strong word. I've backed several that never got finished, and some that simply weren't fun for me to play. I don't regret them though, I'll gladly back 3 failed games for every one that delivers what I want, and so far the ratio is still way better than that.

I didn't back SotA though. I would have regretted that one. ..

Last edited:
Got to agree I too have Kickstarted all their games and have yet to be disappointed in any of them.
I stopped half way in Shadowrun Hong Kong and never went back due to game being boring.
Extra boring after how awesome Shadowrun Dragonfall DC was.

I stopped half way in Shadowrun Hong Kong and never went back due to game being boring.
Extra boring after how awesome Shadowrun Dragonfall DC was.

SR: HK was different from SR: DF. Although, the only area where it was weaker were the battles. Those were pretty uninspired most of the time.

But story, atmosphere and chars (Racter!) were top-notch and I don't regret reading everything and playing to the end.

Back
Top Bottom