Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

So…. no NPC’s? No quests?
I'm pretty sure it's not a CRPG. Todd would have used the keyword "RPG" otherwise, and everyone would have gone apeshit and cried and spasmed on the floor and then lined up to lick his hand.,

I'm pretty sure it's not a CRPG. Todd would have used the keyword "RPG" otherwise, and everyone would have gone apeshit and cried and spasmed on the floor and then lined up to lick his hand.,

To be fair, that's often why I tell people I'm into RPGs.

Personally, I think you're being overly optimistic regarding a solo experience, but I hope I'm wrong…

It appears you're right…

Todd just did an interview where he confirmed no offline play, NO human NPCs, all quests and story will come from PC terminals and robots.
VATS is still there, but is real-time. All of the exploration and discovery of previous Fallouts is still there. Unfortunately, other players are always active and PvP is ON… so a band of raiders can disrupt your solo questing and give your grief, although it is still being dialed in.

The Todd I knew 20 years ago who loved classic Ultimas has been swayed to the dark side.
My preorder of the Power Armor CE has been canceled.

By the song I would say this game takes place in West Virginia. I'm sure West Virginia wasn't nuked because there isn't shit there :) So the trees probably survived.

But that's probably a good thing then, right? More intact structures to investigate. Besides, W. Virginia will have a lot more verticality than FO3, for example, and plenty of isolated valleys and communities to explore. Plus bluegrass music.

But that's probably a good thing then, right? More intact structures to investigate. Besides, W. Virginia will have a lot more verticality than FO3, for example, and plenty of isolated valleys and communities to explore. Plus bluegrass music.
They won't be intact once players start nuking the map. You can be sure there will be dedicated groups that will just try to make the world burn 24/7. I don't have a clue how Todd imagines anyone will bother building stuff when it is going to get nuked right away.

It appears you're right…

Todd just did an interview where he confirmed no offline play, NO human NPCs, all quests and story will come from PC terminals and robots.
VATS is still there, but is real-time. All of the exploration and discovery of previous Fallouts is still there. Unfortunately, other players are always active and PvP is ON… so a band of raiders can disrupt your solo questing and give your grief, although it is still being dialed in.

The Todd I knew 20 years ago who loved classic Ultimas has been swayed to the dark side.
My preorder of the Power Armor CE has been canceled.

This game is dead to me.

Yup I'm a fanboy but I have my limits. I wouldn't scoff outright at an MMO themed Fallout but a griefer magnet sandbox game sounds like a wretched idea. I don't think this game will turn out remotely like Beth plans. And the lack of NPC's is just plain stupid.

lol.. "No NPCs, excluding robots when playing solo".. so if you decide to play solo Bethesda made sure you will be totally alone with not even any NPC's.. why not just change the screen to "fuck you!" if you click "solo play"?

Is this the long awaited Fallout Online then? FOOL '76 it is then.

lol.. "No NPCs, excluding robots when playing solo".. so if you decide to play solo Bethesda made sure you will be totally alone with not even any NPC's.. why not just change the screen to "fuck you!" if you click "solo play"?

Pretty spot on.

Final nail in the coffin for this game for me.:mad:

Well, if you pre-order the $79.99 version from Amazon, not only do you get a neato Power Armor helmet, but you get a special emote that only pre-orderers can have! Goodness, I almost hurled typing that. I'd have to name my character Special Ed.
Helmet is in the CE which is $200 not $80. Wouldn’t mind having it myself, but it would always be tainted by the memory/recognition that you paid $200 for this turd of a game. I'm not a huge fan of the Bethesda Fallouts, but it'd be much more appealing if it was tied to the purchase of an actual RPG. So unfortunate.

Last edited:
Aye if that holds true, the interview comments, also a game I will never get or play. Pretty much dead game to me as well.

bah, who asked for this type of game?
oh well, there's always starfield{gulp}

Well, yeah... not at all interested in FO76.
Starfield for now seems interesting. But I don't expect too much as they so far haven't been good at telling a story.

Back
Top Bottom