What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

The only problem I have with the Ant-Man flick franchise is that I would have preferred Pym's story over Langs. Other than that, I actually kind of liked the first one, and look forward to seeing the second at some time.

Ready Player One didn't hold a candle to the book of course, but I thought it was still a fun romp. Not worse than most of the super hero flicks we're being served with every year.
7/10 for me.

Unless you think ninjas don't hug and hugging kids is a big no no, avoid at all costs. Most importantly, do not let your kids watch this soulless garbage.
Make them read the novel instead. Then again, the book was completely ingrained in 80s pop culture, while the movie also featured lots of modern era stuff, which means that many of the references might be lost on them. The movie would probably have benefited from a longer run time, but anyway -- I was entertained.

Make them read the novel instead.
If the book is not the same indoctrination attempt, sure. But I didn't read it so dunno.

I found this movie actually decent and not sure why joxer is so negative towards it - perhaps it is another of his I'll give an opinion without actually seeing just because ....
-
Haven't read the book yet but tossed it onto my list of things to read sooner than later but i found an intriguing series to read that might keep me busy till sept and then i have 6 weeks of reading from new books i'm waiting to be released that month. Lots of good stuff to read.

Ready Player One didn't hold a candle to the book of course, but I thought it was still a fun romp. Not worse than most of the super hero flicks we're being served with every year.
7/10 for me.

Make them read the novel instead. Then again, the book was completely ingrained in 80s pop culture, while the movie also featured lots of modern era stuff, which means that many of the references might be lost on them. The movie would probably have benefited from a longer run time, but anyway -- I was entertained.

Seriously? If I didn't watch it I wouldn't write that I did. Or would write didn't watch. Or would not write anything at all.
But… How about browsing through my posts? Oh, yeah, not using google, not using search option, it's just shoot bullshit and hope noone notices.

Once you grow up, perhaps you'll understand why some things I could tolerate 50 years ago today make me puke. One of those things is unbased accusations.

Till then, hun, what's enough is enough, time to go on my ignorelist. Have fun with the bunch who's already there:
https://s22.postimg.cc/k5zyo9e1d/pic.jpg

Yea! For the record Iwould say that ready player one is a lot better than many of the senseless kung fu movies you seem to recommend so I have no clue why you think this movie is less mature than that garbage but perhaps it is a culture thing.

Seriously? If I didn't watch it I wouldn't write that I did. Or would write didn't watch. Or would not write anything at all.
But… How about browsing through my posts? Oh, yeah, not using google, not using search option, it's just shoot bullshit and hope noone notices.

Once you grow up, perhaps you'll understand why some things I could tolerate 50 years ago today make me puke. One of those things is unbased accusations.

Till then, hun, what's enough is enough, time to go on my ignorelist. Have fun with the bunch who's already there:
https://s22.postimg.cc/k5zyo9e1d/pic.jpg

The Endless

That was pretty interesting. A very low budget sci-fi mystery/horror film - except without much horror :)

But considering the budget, this was well made. The acting wasn't great - but the concept was neat and well executed.

Recommended for a sunday afternoon when you have nothing better to do.

Just watched Incredible's 2 thought it was okay, but still think Disney is pushing their agenda again. Yes I know guess I'll get blasted by SJW's for sharing my opinion again.
Disney owns Pixar bought them for $7.4 billion.
Damn I'm on a roll pissing people off today. Must be a bad day today.:biggrin:

I saw it a few weeks ago to be honest I thought it was a snore fest but whatever - it wasn't targeted for folks like myself so who am I to judge.

Just watched Incredible's 2 thought it was okay, but still think Disney is pushing their agenda again. Yes I know guess I'll get blasted by SJW's for sharing my opinion again.
Damn I'm on a roll pissing people off today. Must be a bad day today.:biggrin:

Not as bad as sinclair owning more than 50% of the home tv market - hum well depends who you believe but anyway fcc is now pushing back on latest acquisition.
Ouch and Disney could even get 50% of the market in a few years after the sale. While this is not a Monopoly it's most certainly a Near-Monopolie. Which is close enough.

Which is worse one that controls the news that shows up on local broadcast stations or one that controls what is available in the theater ?

Ouch and Disney could even get 50% of the market in a few years after the sale. While this is not a Monopoly it's most certainly a Near-Monopolie. Which is close enough.

Which is worse one that controls the news that shows up on local broadcast stations or one that controls what is available in the theater ?
Both are bad but looking at a few articles this isn't new. Usually you can find lists of various companies who dominant or near dominate certain industries.

I still remember when Microsoft was sued and forced to break into different two different companies, but is still technically one. So that wasn't surprising either.

Feel free to discuss this further in another thread and let's get back to discussing movies again.

Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film since Empire :)

I take this as a provocation. ;)

In my personal opinion, it's the far worst Star Wars movie ever made. It really made me stop watching Star Wars - almost.

I watches "Solo" yesterday for the very first time - and while it's a well-crafted movie, it's just far too dirty for mny taste. Literally.

I don't think I'll ever watch Star Wars movies again. Thank you, Disney, I've saved some money.

I take this as a provocation. ;)

In my personal opinion, it's the far worst Star Wars movie ever made. It really made me stop watching Star Wars - almost.

I watches "Solo" yesterday for the very first time - and while it's a well-crafted movie, it's just far too dirty for mny taste. Literally.

I don't think I'll ever watch Star Wars movies again. Thank you, Disney, I've saved some money.

Take my honest opinion however you wish. Some people struggle when others like what they don't, personally, like.

It's ok.

Back
Top Bottom