Mass Effect 3 - Extended Cut Released on Xbox 360 and PC

aries100

SasqWatch
Bioware has released the Extended Cut DLC for ME3 on Xbox Live
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...nded-Cut/3d5e7463-20d5-4860-890d-15c90899ec78
Here's the info for the Extended Cut:
An expanded ending for Mass Effect 3. Additional scenes and an extended epilogue reveal the impact of Shepard's choices on the future of the galaxy.
In this thread at the ME3 forums at the BSN Tully Ackland from Bioware says this:
Confirming that it's live on Xbox 360 and we're aiming to have it on Origin sometime before noon MST. PlayStation Network will receive their update later today when Sony update the store.
Link to thread: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/12690832&lf=8
Apparently, the PC version is now to be downloaded form Origin as well, though I have had no succes as of yet. Link to thread where this is being discussed around page 80 or so: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/12690832
For good measure here's part of the press release courtesy of Gamebanshee
BioWare announced today that the Mass Effect™ 3: Extended Cut, a piece of downloadable content available at no additional charge* that expands upon the ending to the Mass Effect trilogy, is available today. Featuring new cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut gives fans seeking further clarity into the final events of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes. To experience the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, fans will need to download the DLC and load their last autosave point in the game before the final mission on Earth. The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is available for download now on XboxLIVE®, PlayStation® Network in North America and on Origin™ for PC. On July 4, PlayStation® 3 users in Europe will be able to experience the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut by downloading the DLC through the PlayStation® Network.
Link to the press release at GameBanshee:
http://gamebanshee.com/news/108589-mass-effect-3-extended-cut-dlc-released.html
More information.

Last edited:
Or just watch youtube.

***SPOILERS SPOILERS***

There are supposedly some changes depending on your choices, but it's mainly same crap, just diluted with some additional curscenes. Now it's just fail, instead of epic fail. Now all endings, except the new ones are goodish. Because that was what we all wanted, right? The sugary sweetness. So all is fine. The Normandy leaving is explained, the crash is minor setback, the mass relay suddenly irrelevant. Why did we care about that relays anyway, if people can travel just fine without them?

And there is one new ending, when you can refuse to accept the child's logic. And the you get a giant middle finger from BW, in the spirit of "You didn't like our recolors? Eat this! And it's all your fault, you ungrateful prick".

Either BioWare completely lost the ability to tell good stories, or just any idea what people expect from their games. So be it :>

That's lame… they should have just left the actual ending alone and only added cutscenes for additional clarity to certain events.

Easy enough to find but for lazy folks, here you go: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mass-Effect-3-Extended-Cut-Endings-Revealed-43998.html

I watched most of them although they just have the very end - ending. I saw a few other things (not linked) where they did some extra stuff for romances - which I was very happy to see with my own romance option … but not enough to re-download and re-play the game for :p

Still happy with my original choice and my own ending I made :) Time to bury it.

Last edited:
I love the refusal ending. Says how much they actually think of there fanbase. As stated before it's a huge middle finger.

Reapers — +1
Single Player Fans — -1

Drum roll. The BioWare team enters stage left, chanting, "Multi-Player, Multi-Player, Multi-Player, Multi-Player, Multi-Player, Multi-Player, Multi-Player…"

In response the true ME3 fans begin cheering wildly as they sense new and better days ahead. BioWare can now get on with the important business of releasing new multi-player DLC's. Yes!!

__

How bad can the new/altered endings be? I'm trying to follow the fiasco without spoiling anything to decide whether or not I should get into the series sometime in the future.

I only watched the Synthesis ending (as it was the one I chose when I played the game) and I think it was a big improvement. Not a great ending by ANY means, but an improvement. If they took the time to do these in the first place, the reactions would not have been as bad as they were I believe.

Just watched all 4 endings. Nothing much really changed. Suppose it gave a little more heartwarming scenes but at the same time still giving wtf feeling (except for destroy ending). In my opinion destroy >>>>> control > synthesis >>>>> refusal ending.

***Spoiler***Shepard watching over us as a reaper - wtf? Everyone becoming half synthetic/organic - wtf? I suppose EDI and Joker would be happy. Refusal ending really sucks balls. As someone already put it, big giant finger from Bioware. Well, fuck you too, Bioware. Also noticed that only in destroy ending, Liara doesn't actually put Shepard's name on the board.***Spoiler***

Still don't know whether Shepard is alive or dead (especially destroy ending) + what do they mean by "tell me another story of Shepard". I still see this as a sign of *Shepard's story may continue in ME4*.

So it's just more star brat nonsense, that comes out of nowhere and completely ignores established lore.

Luckily, I don't care anymore.

I liked them.

Definitely a massive pity they weren't part of the original package, but tis' all good now.
Bring on the Omega DLC.

How long does it usually take before a game of this *ahem* calibre .. goes cheaply? I refused to pay full price for it, but I'd still like to give it a whirl (+DLC's) at some point in the not too distant future.

I guess it will depend on the popularity of the first paid DLC. Then EA will know how much water it has taken on.

That said, there really is a lot more wrong with ME3 than just the ending. For starters you must actively stop thinking about story and lore as you play, or your brain will go into a coma to protect itself from damage. Just too many plot holes and inconsistencies. As an action game, on the PC it suffers from the 'omnibutton syndrome' which groups actions such as take cover and jump over cover on the same key. Then there's the endless passive cinematics (for the most mundane things like exiting a shuttle) with the occasional choice that has no real consequences. 90% of side quests you get by evesdropping ambient conversations and then they're highlighted on your map. Then there's the Origin exclusive, which means that you're effectively renting the game (no play for a couple of years = game gone).

How long does it usually take before a game of this *ahem* calibre .. goes cheaply? I refused to pay full price for it, but I'd still like to give it a whirl (+DLC's) at some point in the not too distant future.

For Bioware, no time at all. I bought it for half the original price about six weeks after release.

That said, there really is a lot more wrong with ME3 than just the ending.

Not to mention that the maps in ME3 are usually very simple with wave after wave of spawns. Boring. I agree, there is a lot wrong with this game - and I think the ending helped to hide that fact, there was enough outrage about it that other glaring flaws went unnoticed.

Just out of interest (in case anyone hates multiplayer like I do) it seems the Extended cut lowers the required EMS to get all the endings to 3100, which is apparently achievable without playing multiplayer.

Just out of interest (in case anyone hates multiplayer like I do) it seems the Extended cut lowers the required EMS to get all the endings to 3100, which is apparently achievable without playing multiplayer.

I just used the free app rather than play multiplayer ;)

Still don't know whether Shepard is alive or dead (especially destroy ending) + what do they mean by "tell me another story of Shepard". I still see this as a sign of *Shepard's story may continue in ME4*.
I think the ending says "tell me another story of the shepard" I have only watched one ending but it is what I heard the first time. Could change things as I understood it as the shepherd.
Could be a transdimensional, trans temporal reincarnating figure etc You see the story as it is always the same story told and told again and again.

Back
Top Bottom