Elder Scrolls Online - Console Release Delayed

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Many of you probably don't care about the following news, but it seems ZeniMax Online has delayed the release of the console version of Elder Scrolls Online.

We know from the frequent questions we get that many of you are excited about playing ESO on the PS4 and Xbox One, and today we’d like to share an official update on the status of these releases. Read on for the latest information:

We've been grateful to our fans for the wonderful response to our recent launch of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC/Mac, but we know many of you are eagerly waiting to play the game on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process. It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.
More information.

Do you think this will help them get more content for the computer and squash bugs faster? Now that there is not a deadline next month for consoles maybe the computer end will get more loving.

Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.

Guess I should get playing since that leaves about 6 months left to enjoy the game :p before the big wave hits.

PC and console players will be on different servers ( Unless that has changed since they announced it )…Mainly because controls are so different when it comes to pvp.

So there shouldn't be any big wave.

PC and console players will be on different servers ( Unless that has changed since they announced it )…Mainly because controls are so different when it comes to pvp.

Sony doesn't care about consoles playing with PC players (see FFXIV), but Microsoft forbid it.

They got destroyed in the PC reviews, they must be banking on being the first big subscription-based console MMORPG.

6 months to fix unexpected server issues? I don't think so. That may have come up during development. They want to fix the game so it doesn't get suck reviews on the consoles so it can get a second chance at life.

taken from Prima games but also found on various sites.

"In addition to being on brand-new consoles with a limited user base, you won't be able to play together with players on other consoles. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will be restricted to their own individual servers, while PC players will be grouped together with Mac owners."

So I doubt even PS4 users will be playing along PC users.

I'm about to say something positive about TESO! I tried Wildstar yesterday in their 10-day open beta. It…was…so generic WoWish with constant trivial go-here-do-that quests. The action was...the same-old cooldown stuff. It wasn't bad…just so 2004. It actually made me really appreciate my time with TESO beta! I kept wishing I could play TESO instead! HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED.

So yeah, I can see lots of console peeps enjoying TESO.

If Wildstar had had a chance, Tim Cain wouldn't have abandoned the project after devoting the better part of a decade of his life towards it.

So there shouldn't be any big wave.

Ah that is good news indeed then, did not know that (obviously lol) Thanks for the clarification!

If Wildstar had had a chance, Tim Cain wouldn't have abandoned the project after devoting the better part of a decade of his life towards it.

Hardly a decade, and I bet that Project Eternity was much more his thing than MMOs. So no wonder he moved to Obsidian. Additionally, Wildstar had a major redesign a few years ago and me may have disagreed with it. I don't think that reflect of quality of Wildstar - but I feel it's focused more on MMO than RPG, so it's not quite appropriate for this board.

Well...at the very least, this could delay or possibly stop altogether any ideas that this might eventually go F2P. I mean, they aren't likely to suddenly switch to some ugly F2P model before their console release, right? And I have to admit, I'm changing my tone toward ESO a little, and I would definitely at least consider getting it if I knew it would *never* go F2P.

Back
Top Bottom