Risen 2 Companions and where to find them

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I figured it would be nice to have a thread where we could post the companions we found and where we found them. I must've missed out on several companions, as I completed the game with only 5/10 slots filled.

Anyway, here's who I found:
- Patty. Duh.
- The cook. He's mandatory I think. Found on the Sword Coast.
- Venture, a marksman. By far the best companion I came across. I suspect he's only available if you side with the Inquisition on the Sword Coast. Siding with the natives probably presents a different companion (Chani, I assume).
- Jaffar, the gnome. He's also mandatory, joins on the Isle of Thieves.
- Bones, joined me after I shut him up in the native camp in the Macarabia area (or however it's spelled).

Who did I miss? I suspect I missed at least one on the Sword Coast, as I was forced to solo alligators and so on there. Had a very hard time I might add.

I also got a 2nd cook, but he's only temporary as he's part of the Treasure Isle DLC.

I went on voodoo side - in that case you get Chani as a companion. She heals you if you're on low health. And she does that even if she isn't in the party (for example you return to the ship while on low health).
Venturo is not available in that case and I really don't miss him - there are several reviews that describe him as "overpowered". He'll just be stated in the port drinking beer and admiring your success.
However you may recruit and use Venturo as sidekick for clearing the island before you make a choice - just don't go to the Basil's base. Venturo will go wherever you go. I'm not sure what would happen if you make a voodoo choice while having Venturo in the party and if you skip Basil's hideout. That smelled like a good chance to get some bug, so I solved Basil before I went to the temple.

For others I don't know. I'm about 20 hours in the game and after I got the ship I went back to Caldera. Since I've looted every single chest there, solved every single quest there, I've even used voodoo on the corrupted council member to get the council vote against Mara although that was not necessary but was really fun seeing lines you make while being (inside) him. And trust me, there is no recruitable companion in Caldera, at least not that early in the game.
Didn't visit other islands yet, next one I'll go will be Antigua.

EDIT:
Ah, the sword coast, I cleared it whole again (looted chests that I couldn't the first time, brought the monkey with me for levers, etc, mobs were respawned so it was some nice XP/glory booster) and no, there is no other recruitable character apart the cook and Venturo/Chani. It is however possible that later in the game some additional character becomes recruitable, but this early in the game... There is none.

Last edited:
I might actually have found them all then. Quite odd that we have 10 slots though.

I'm sure Eldric joins you if get to play the storm island DLC, maybe more?

Just finished the game as a Voodoo pirate and here's a screenshot of the whole crew (minus Venturo whom you can only pick up if you side with the Inquisition and Steelbeard's Ghost isn't a real crew member but I felt he belonged in the pic so I summoned him ;) ).
I wonder why there are four open slots left. Did PB plan on more companions but scrapped the idea or is this a sign of more DLC and/or expansion(s)? We'll see...

Anyway, here's the crew screens...

Attachments

• risen2_2012_05_15_04_26_21_646.jpg
    risen2_2012_05_15_04_26_21_646.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 37
  • risen2_2012_05_15_04_25_36_577.jpg
    risen2_2012_05_15_04_25_36_577.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 37
Who's the bearded white-haired guy? Is he from the Air Temple DLC?

Yes, that's Eldric, the druid who lived on the East coast of Faranga and helped you repair one of the crystal disks in Risen 1.

As for his role in Risen 2…
In Risen 2 you meet him in Antigua and then you get the option to let Patty navigate to the Isle of Storms. This is where the main part of the DLC takes place. Afterwards you need to visit five (IIRC) of the islands/regions in the game to complete the DLC for good. You need to find some Gargoyles and their eggs, kill the Gargoyles and take the eggs to Eldric. That's it. Pretty unspectacular on a whole. - At the end of the game Eldric tells you that he will travel to Caldera to continue his studies in the library there. To me that sounded like a fairly strong hint that there might be a full blown expansion.

2 slots are used for temp ship crew; Harlok and Crouse, that leaves another 2 slots open tho...

Back
Top Bottom