Solasta - Preview of D&D 5e, Classes, Races in Early Access

And this is exactly why I'm not super hyped about Solasta - I really hope personality tag/dialogue system is decent since there are no companions with story/dialogues.

Have they specifically said there are no joinable NPCs with backgrounds? I must admit I haven't been following the development that closely. The playable demo did a decent job of selling it for me.

Have they specifically said there are no joinable NPCs with backgrounds? I must admit I haven't been following the development that closely. The playable demo did a decent job of selling it for me.

From what I read, we roll all 4 party members and there are no permanent companions (they did mention they might add temp joinable NPCs)

You create all party members. But each will have different background. I think there are 6 or 7 of them. Based on that background and I think their class they will say and do different things.
You can also, when talking to a NPC, choose which party member will talk as well. So you are basically whole party. No companions like in Mass Effect, BG, Dragon Age, etc…
Since I'm a backer I'll probably play early access version, depends if I have enough time for it :D

From what I read, we roll all 4 party members and there are no permanent companions (they did mention they might add temp joinable NPCs)

You create all party members. But each will have different background. I think there are 6 or 7 of them. Based on that background and I think their class they will say and do different things.

You can also, when talking to a NPC, choose which party member will talk as well. So you are basically whole party. No companions like in Mass Effect, BG, Dragon Age, etc…
That right there is why I'm not that excited about this game.:(

Original Sin was boring as heck due to using a similar NPC method. Seems if you like the Gold Box RPGS & Temple of Evil you'll love Solasta, but I know already it's not for me.

I like the fact that you can choose which party member speaks to an NPC. Not sure if there will be any stat checks during dialogue, but if there are, that means there will be some significance in choosing who to use for certain interactions.

I like the fact that you can choose which party member speaks to an NPC. Not sure if there will be any stat checks during dialogue, but if there are, that means there will be some significance in choosing who to use for certain interactions.

Yes there are. In the last dev diary video where they show off new dices, you can see it.

Still doesn't make me more interested...alright I'll stop now.:p

I would get offended but nope. I'm done.:lol:

Though I might flip flop when it's finished and content complete.

Who really knows you know. Yeah I'm fickle.:biggrin:

In case they missed it, just letting everyone here know that Couch isn't too interested in this game - it's not for him. :biggrin:

In case they missed it, just letting everyone here know that Couch isn't too interested in this game - it's not for him. :biggrin:
Yes…Yes…all praise the couchpotato his opinion is the most important.:lol:

The closest comparison to this game, imo, would be The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Now you have me even more excited. I've played ToEE a few times and just love that game. Also, played the mod Circle of Eight where you went to the Keep on the Borderlands. Best tactical D&D game ever made.

The only story I need is, here is the dungeon with loads of treasure and monsters. What is your group of murder hobos going to do? ;)

Now you have me even more excited. I've played ToEE a few times and just love that game. Also, played the mod Circle of Eight where you went to the Keep on the Borderlands. Best tactical D&D game ever made.

The only story I need is, here is the dungeon with loads of treasure and monsters. What is your group of murder hobos going to do? ;)

Did you try the demo? If not, you should check it out.

I would get offended but nope. I'm done.:lol:

Though I might flip flop when it's finished and content complete.

Who really knows you know. Yeah I'm fickle.:biggrin:

I'm flip flop with this one too.

I'm excited to play another D&D game (even though its OGL) and it looks like Solasta will be a polished experience.

Yet, I'm disappointed with such small selection of class offering, no companions (I lack imagination so need devs to provide with characters with stories/dialogues etc), and lack of co-op. For some reason, when this game was first announced, I felt it will be perfect for co-op with hubby - he's very creative so playing with him means I don't need companions to come up with interesting back story.

Still, I hope this will turn out to be an enjoyable game.

Other games I'm interested (Realms Beyond & Black Geyser) won't be out in a long while (if at all with all the delays).

Edit: I was upset on how Book of Heroes (TDE) turned out - was another one I was hoping to enjoy.

Still, I hope this will turn out to be an enjoyable game. Other games I'm interested (Realms Beyond & Black Geyser) won't be out in a long while (if at all with all the delays).

Edit: I was upset on how Book of Heroes (TDE) turned out - was another one I was hoping to enjoy.
From what news I read about Realms Beyond it doesn't sound to good. Rumor has it the developer is short on cash again. I hope it doesn't affect the games development.

I was also skeptical about Black Geyser from the beginning of it's campaign but the Backer Beta surprised me. I enjoyed it and look forward to playing it when its finished.

Don't forget about Encased, ATOM RPG Trudograd, Mechajammer, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate III, and The Waylanders in the next year.

Back
Top Bottom