Pricewatch!

Nice. Now when are they getting U9?
No word on Ultima 9 (, Privateer 2 or Worlds of Ultima) yet, though I would imagine that those games will be released this year. I really do hope they decide to re-release Worlds of Ultima, because those are the only Ultima games that I don't own (even though I don't really like the Ultima 6 engine).

Bought wing commander 3 and 4 for nostalgic reasons, man it feels weird buying a game twice….it still looks cool for wc3:)
Does the GOG-release of Wing Commander 3 not use the re-mastered videos? In that case, expect to see far better looking videos than in the original game.

I bought underworld 1 & 2, even though I have the box copies. Figured a few bucks to save me the hassle of a dosbox setup would be worth it.

It was a pretty shoddy setup. Bad settings for scaling and you can't hear the spoken parts over the much too loud midi music. I'll think twice about using gog in the future.

Yeah, I'm bitter. :p

Each distributor has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the Gamer's Gate DOSbox configurations seem to be better.

I think I've heard you say that at least once about nearly every distributor by now. Pretty soon you'll be running out of options. :)

It is easy to do. I avoid Get Games due to extra DRM and activation limits ... no longer deal with the former Direct2Drive or Impulse due to new owners, and avoid Origin due to EA being EA so often. And on the Mac side GameAgent and MacGamestore are worse than any of them ...

But I will buy a Steam-activated game from anyone, and use BeamDog, Desura, GamersGate, GoG and a few others without issue.

Amazon USA has a deal on Paradox games.

• Crusader Kings 2 $10
  • Magica Collection $5
  • Magica: The Stars are Left DLC $6
  • Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection $5
  • Sword of the Stars 2 $8
  • Victoria 2 $5
Or you can get the whole set for $12.50.

The first Sword of the Stars is a very good 4X space game. Sword of the Stars 2 is… well…… it may one day be an even better 4X space game but after six months it still has so many bugs that it really isn't worth playing. I've never played the others.

The two SotS games are also on Steam right now for the same price but that deal ends in about half a day.

Amazon USA has a deal on Paradox games.

• Crusader Kings 2 $10
  • Magica Collection $5
  • Magica: The Stars are Left DLC $6
  • Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection $5
  • Sword of the Stars 2 $8
  • Victoria 2 $5
Or you can get the whole set for $12.50.

The first Sword of the Stars is a very good 4X space game. Sword of the Stars 2 is… well…… it may one day be an even better 4X space game but after six months it still has so many bugs that it really isn't worth playing. I've never played the others.

The two SotS games are also on Steam right now for the same price but that deal ends in about half a day.
Crusader Kings 2 is really good. You can play any kingdom/empire/duchy/county at any point in time from like 1066 (Battle of Hastings) to 1460 (historical fall of Byzantine Empire?) or any point in between, and live the court intrigue and wars of the medieval era. It has a recently released mod that turns the game to the Game of Thrones world, and other mods that add lots of new events and rules. Totally recommended.

Dungeons of Dredmor is currently on sale on Steam (70% off, both base game & expansion). They also just added a free mini expansion (that sadly does not seem to work properly. The game runs just fine, I suspect that someone just forgot to press the "on" button for the expansion), and the game also has modding support through Steam Workshop!

So ... how long before we get a Call of Duty game in an "indie" bundle? ;)

There is a big Paradox sale on Steam right now, most games are 50% off, while the King Arthur games are 75% off today.

Which brings me to my next point. My expenses are catching up with me (not in a horrible way, but in a "cut back on needless expenses kind of way"), so I would wonder if anyone would be interested in making a trade. I have a few leftover games, and if anyone would be willing to trade me King Arthur 2+DLC (total €7.48) for twice the value (or slightly more) in these games plus the original King Arthur: The roleplaying wargame (steam code)?

I have:
Gamer's Gate
Fantasy Wars (8.95€)
King's Bounty: Armoured Princess (€19.95)
Space Rangers 2 (vanilla version) (€9.99)
Theatre Of War 2: Kursk 1943 (€18.99)
Theatre of War 2: Battle of Caen (€9.99)
Elven Legacy (no expansions) (€4.99)
Timothy (children's game) (€9.99)
Super Power 2 (€9.95)
King's Bounty The Legend (€9.99)
Adrenaline (€19.99)
UFO: Aftershock (€9.99)
Cities in Motion (Mac) (€19.99, but as this is just half the pack, count this as €4.99)

Steam keys:
Sol Survivor
Really big Sky
Scratches: Director's Cut
Nikopol: Secret of the Imortals
Making History: The Calm & The Storm
Beat Hazard
The Void
Defense grid+Map Pack 1-4

I would also be interested in getting the following games through trade:
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Naval War: Arctic Circle
Crusader Kings 2

Last edited:
Paradox sale is intriguing, but I think I can resist this one. Are you trading away games you haven't played? I could be in that same boat.
Yes. Gamer's gate allows you to trade away games that you own but have not downloaded yet. Steam keys are from different bundles and other legitimate sources (no Russian key sellers)

Mmmm, that won't work for me. I download, install, and test every singe digital purchase after I buy it. I've found a few lemons that needed returning that way.

Ah, then Gamer's Gate will sadly not allow traders. As far as I know, the only service that allows you to return "tested" games is Greenman Gaming (though at a significantly lower price)

Also, for the record, many of the games that I offer are not bad. King's bounty, Elven Legacy, Fantasy wars, Scratches, Defense Grid, those games are great.

Because we are who we are, we will not charge you for the expansion: if you already bought Space Rangers 2: Dominators, we've already switched the games on your shelves--download it now!

That is really awesome of them; I had already purchased Dominators.

Back
Top Bottom