What games are you playing now?

I have realized that every level take one entire day

Yup. First level in the catacombs took 8 hours. I have now sold loot, healed up and ready for level 2 tomorrow.

Just some advice… the demo sucks.

Iirc it was Prima Junta who convinced me to try the full game after I had formed a strong negative opinion from the demo. Suffice to say I was never so happy to discover I was wrong about something.

Btw: PC games are 50% off at Atari's web store right now. You can actually get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $15.
In fact the fight system isn't good but if you don't stick to only take care of chaining well the hits it can be a lot more fun. Forget trying chain long series of hits and try mix much more movements, runes, small attack chains. It generates a much better action, it's often a bit more difficult, but all in all a bit more efficient once you master this approach better.

Also anything else is great except few gameplay characteristics some players don't like. I prefer DAO but The Witcher is certainly a more unique game, a must to enjoy.

Now I'm replaying DAO (second play) it's been a long time since I have replay a CRPG. Last one was probably G2+NOTR.

Dark Queen of Krynn. In the middle of clearing out New Aurim of draconian scum. Using a party transferred from COK -> DKK -> DQK. I'd rate it about 80% so far, nowhere near as good as the excellent DKK but still well worth a play.

Yup. First level in the catacombs took 8 hours. I have now sold loot, healed up and ready for level 2 tomorrow.

I started early today... I was up at eight and I begun playing level 2 at nine. It's now 18:30 and I just finished level 2. The only two breaks I had was a quick drives, one to fix my bus card and the other to get a package from the post office. So it took me about eight hours for level 2 as well. Now I have to consider if I want to begin on level 3 today or save it until later. Had I know this game was so large I wouldn't have started it.

Managed to get one more level done by pushing really hard. 3rd level thus only took me about 5:30 hours. One more level and I am back to the overworld to finish this thing. Unfortunately by brief vacation is over…

Arhu said:
Well, uh … how many levels are there, then?

There's 8 dungeon levels of this size in the game, plus minor levels that together is about x2 the amount of one dungeon level. I am currently at the 8th dungeon level, meaning I will finish the game in 1-2 days.

There's a certain amount of backtracking to previous visitted dungeons and areras to complete some of the subquests, open areas, etc. Are you doing all those, or skippng them?

FWIW, the story really starts to pick up in the eleven catacomb levels! :)

There's a certain amount of backtracking to previous visitted dungeons and areras to complete some of the subquests, open areas, etc. Are you doing all those, or skippng them?

FWIW, the story really starts to pick up in the eleven catacomb levels! :)

I am doing everything in the game. Towards the end of the 2nd catacomb I really noticed a change in the amount of story that was almost nonexistant the first bit.

Working on my huge backlog: Gothic 3 (main gaming comp), Eschalon B1 (Laptop), and The Quest demo (iPhone).
Still firing up the Age of Decadence demo every now and then to try a new build.

2 hours this morning and a crashed save. Luckily I had an AUTOSAVE to revert to. The nodirectdraw method (for vista) have troubles with spell effects that run the risk of crashing or cause the game to crawl. At on point you walk past a continous pulsating wave from a room where I saved nearby. The pulse comes right after loading the save which results in a crash no matter what settings I use. At least the 2nd playthrough is faster but the battles are long, tedious and annoying to do a 2nd time.

I have played Mass Effect 2 non stop since friday afternoon... It's actually possible for me to finish the game at this point but I have tons of bonus missions to do first. I find the game deeply enjoyable.

Mass Effect 2 for me as well.

Also Dragon Age on the Mac. Runs smooth as silk, but is only 1.01 ...

PSP has a pre-release version of the third game in a shooter franchise about a certain small branch of an aquatic US military branch ;)

And on the DS I am finally digging into Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I love that style, nice game so far.

Assasin's Creed 2. I'm not enjoying it as much as most people did, for some reason. I find it so easy that any sense of peril is removed. I have no need to employ stealth, because I can just waltz in and stab everyone, and I'm never at risk. The guards are kind enough to line up and fight me one at a time, so there's never any real danger, even if I'm surrounded by a dozen guards at once.

The story was good at first, but I'm getting tired of a plot motivated entirely by vengeance ... kill the guy who killed your family, then kill his dad, then kill his grandfather, then kill the next higher-up, etc., etc. The last game I played (The Darkness) was also completely motivated by vengeance, which doesn't work too well for me.

There are a bunch of side missions and mysterious codexes to unravel, but I've avoided most of that stuff. I just feel like pressing toward the finish line without extending the experience too much. There's a lot of variety to partake in, if you want to, though.

I do enjoy the scenery. Running across rooftops in 15th century Venice feels pretty good.

Me and my bad habit of never finishing games!

Put aside Rogue Galaxy & Drakensang to play Resident Evil 5 (picked up an Xbox 360 last weekend finally. My heart was saying PS3 but my brain was saying 360: there are just so many more games I"d play on the 360 so had to put my BluRay desires and MS hatred aside :) ).

Pretty good game so far but not sure why many reviewers said it was easy, I've had to start over a bunch of times due to getting my butt kicked which didn't happen too often in RE4. Anyway, very slick visuals and overall presentation.

And at least I stuck to the ONE DS game: Dragon Quest IV which I'm almost done with. Pretty good game but still like III and VIII more.

Assassin's Creed
I grabbed it for some ridiculous 5€ cause I wanted to see what all the hype was about.
It has been a blast so far and all the climbing has been by far the most enjoyable aspect of the game.It looks great and runs great on my rig despite being a console port.The fighting has been fun but way too consolish and easy.

Having read all the comments about it being repetitive I wonder if I should rush to the Assassination as fast as possible?

I can't believe I spent hours to find flags only to read that they are useless on PC!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom