Pricewatch!

I meant to post ... I posted the news at GearDiary, but since I have no daytime access here I sometimes forget ...

This weeks Direct2Drive at 5 is indie game themed and it includes Mount and Blade.

http://www.direct2drive.com/d2dturns5

The only other game on that list I've played is Sword of the Stars which I thot was boring. Anyone else know much about the others? Goo? Light of Altair? (SoS btw I think can be had in Jewel Case for $10 at some stores).

I played the demo for Light of Altair—okay 4x-er but nothing special, at least in the little time I played. Didn't get me to want the game.

Edit: also meant to post that the pre-order for Risen is ten bucks off at go-gamer, 39.90.

Seems like Risen has gone to $40 everywhere … I checked GameStop and they also price dropped as has Amazon. Downloads sites haven't caught up … Steam is at $45 (sale price), whereas D2D and GG are still $50. Glad I went for the disc version!

Oh - and I feel about the same on Altair as magerette

unbelievable deals gooin on there, im scared to go back!

edit - oh shit, one look and I see The Path (been dying to play that), Mount and Blade, & Saints Row II… Whats 15 more bucks??

edit again - well, if i could complete the purchase that is... i keep getting a server error every time i try and pay. Maybe it's fate? Anyone else having that prob w/ D2D when trying to use paypal? I used it last week and was fine

Last edited:
unbelievable deals gooin on there, im scared to go back!

edit - oh shit, one look and I see The Path (been dying to play that), Mount and Blade, & Saints Row II… Whats 15 more bucks??

edit again - well, if i could complete the purchase that is… i keep getting a server error every time i try and pay. Maybe it's fate? Anyone else having that prob w/ D2D when trying to use paypal? I used it last week and was fine

I paid using a credit card with no problem. Removes the middleman too.

yeah, i ended up doing it that way as well after repeated attempts at using Paypal. As for the middleman, I would rather have them there quite frankly. That's why I use amazon so much - one entity has my information for many purchases instead of my number out there all over the place.

But Amazon is not a middleman, it's a retailer. I know what you mean about having info spread all over the net though.

Just remember that if you ever have to return anything, or have any other problems with a purchase, it's more difficult to resolve if you have paid a middleman like PayPal.

Target's had that on their $9.99 shelf for many weeks. Between that (I've already got X3 without expansions, but even just expansions and patches and improvements for $10 is tempting) and Disciples 2 Gold, I've been close on several visits to dropping a ten-spot for yet another game I don't have time to play.

Are you sure it's Terran Conflict that Target has? Remember, X3:TC is a seperate game from X3, not an expansion. I think you might be getting it confused with X3 Reunion 2.0

Just placed my order for Dragon Age at walmart.com…. $45.96 which includes a $10 egift card. Oh, and if you go to it from bing.com, you get like an extra 2% bing cashback :) Gogamer has it at $39.99 which is about $5 more but you don't have the hassle of the ecard which is only good for following walmart purchases.

Last edited:
Gogamer madness sale this week has Oblivion for $6.90 and Shivering Isles xpack for $4.90, for anyone who might want to pick it up on the cheap.

D2D's $5 special was War Game themed if anyone missed it.

I noticed that Space Hack is $5 and was part of the Action Title week. We had been covering it.

Impulse(Stardock) has been holding its 2009 survey for anyone registered with em, check your junk mail or whatever. If you take the survey you are given a coupon code for a 20% rebate on any purchase before November 1st… It's just a generic code, its the same for everyone.

So while I'll refrain from posting it because I'm unsure whether i'd be allowed to or not on this forum. It's not all that hard to find it on your average coupon site if you really want to look for it and missed the email from stardock… I realized this after I took the survey but didn't purchase right away. Forgot to write down the code and since they don't send you an email with the code….I couldn't remember it for the life of me :p Fortunately, after just a little bit of poking around it was easy to find again.

I just got the Deluxe Digital version of Dragon Age for about 51.99$ US with it… and if you wanted you could get the regular for about 39.99$ with the coupon.

Right sorry, should have been clearer. It was a pre-order, according to impulse it'll be available on November 3. The Deluxe is the version that comes with the extra DLC that they're planning to release + the in game bonuses from the collector's.

As a side note, that coupon I was mentioning apparently will work with multiple purchases until november 1st, its not just a one time thing according to stardock's forums.

I'm seriously considering using that discount to grab Majesty 2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom