Status
Not open for further replies.
Search the fucking internet!

YCMU
:biggrin:

I just saw the added list of smilies!:spotlight-left: :mwahaha: :slap:

You did good guys, you did good. :worship:

Really? Show me ;).

...just let the mouse hover over the acronym.

Here is an issue - since last Friday I don't get email notifications anymore, so I have to do a 'new posts' thing and see what is happening. Any other reports of that?

I didn't do it.

... Must be Jaz' fault because she's evil.

(Seriously though, I don't think I changed anything.)

Evil or not, I didn't do it, either :-/ . Personally, I have mail notifications deactivated, anyway... but I swear I didn't change anything.

I didn't do it.

... Must be Jaz' fault because she's evil.

(Seriously though, I don't think I changed anything.)

Thanks - I went into my email config and made sure to re-add RPGWAtch to the 'safe' list. We'll see.

Mine continue to arrive!! I have a separate email client for the Watch. It's called eprompter!!

As it currently stands if you want to check the news archives you need to enter a specific yyyy/mm/dd. I would like to suggest the ability to enter a range of dates when searching the archived news. Even just the ability to pull up the previous weeks News on one page would be great.

Why would anyone want this you might ask. Consider the following scenarios:

1) Your gone from home for a few weeks, as I was recently, and upon your return home attempt to get caught up with the news here at the watch. Searching day by day can be a tedious process. If you're like me you will probably enter the same day more than once... several times :blush:

2) You vaguely recall a News posting that contained something of interest with a specific link. You remember it was during the last few weeks but you cannot recall the exact day.

I know one could simply look through the News Comment section of the forum however these are not always in order due to people posting in the threads. Hmm now that I think of it you could probably search a range of dates in that forum but you would still need to click each topic to see what it had to say.

Opinions anyone?

Ubbax
"it's easier to beg for forgiveness sometimes than ask the wife for permission." - a friend

As it currently stands if you want to check the news archives you need to enter a specific yyyy/mm/dd. I would like to suggest the ability to enter a range of dates when searching the archived news. Even just the ability to pull up the previous weeks News on one page would be great.

Why would anyone want this you might ask. Consider the following scenarios:

1) Your gone from home for a few weeks, as I was recently, and upon your return home attempt to get caught up with the news here at the watch. Searching day by day can be a tedious process. If you're like me you will probably enter the same day more than once... several times :blush:

2) You vaguely recall a News posting that contained something of interest with a specific link. You remember it was during the last few weeks but you cannot recall the exact day.

I know one could simply look through the News Comment section of the forum however these are not always in order due to people posting in the threads. Hmm now that I think of it you could probably search a range of dates in that forum but you would still need to click each topic to see what it had to say.

Opinions anyone?

Ubbax
"it's easier to beg for forgiveness sometimes than ask the wife for permission." - a friend

Excellent suggestion, Ubbax.

Appoligies if this has already been listed.
I can't seem to Search for the word "mafia" effectively, about 2 - 4 months ago, in either News or General RPG a thread ended up talking about Mafia 2, someone mentioned they knew an employee or something close.

Now with the new info about Illusion software's new IP, rumors are circulating it's Mafia 2, which isn't possible since that was an existing IP, but I was hoping to reread the post in case there was something I missed.

In Searching both Forums I come up with about 10 post which are clearly not the ones and mafia 2 is not even searchable because of the 2, so either I am doing something wrong (mostly likly :) ) or the Search function isn't working properly.

It must be a massive task to keep up/store/search databases like popular fourms and is proabably why it's always so hard to find that info you remember months or years ago.

Thanks for any tips. :)

(I put this in the wrong tread) :spam: <--LOL

Okay i think i found something here that might be a problem"
When i log off and relog the Padparadscha Watch i Chose disaapears and i have to reset it all over again is that normale here??

Last edited:
Okay i think i found something here that might be a problem"
When i log off and relog the Padparadscha Watch i Chose disaapears and i have to reset it all over again is that normale here??

Mm, yes, that seems to be normal. I think it's because your chosen style is saved in a cookie in your browser, which is then deleted when you log out. Solution: don't log out. ;) (tick the box next to the login name/password to stay logged in)

Otherwise, dunno, is that the normal behavior of vBulletin?

What has happened to the icon beside the forum names showing the online/offline status?
It is a problem if you use the dark colour scheme, as I do. Generally it would be great if you could optimize the forum and rating stars to the dark colour scheme. :)

What has happened to the icon beside the forum names showing the online/offline status?
It is a problem if you use the dark colour scheme, as I do. Generally it would be great if you could optimize the forum and rating stars to the dark colour scheme. :)

I see the icon in both dark and (my default) light.

I see the icon in both dark and (my default) light.

Looks ok to me too.

Asbjoern: What exactly is the problem? Are the icons gone? Which browser and forum style are you using? You could try to click shift-reload, maybe there's still some old files left in your browser's cache.

Regarding the forum status icons on the index page, I changed them last week or so, they are selected depending on whether you use a dark or light theme. JavaScript needs to be enabled. They don't immediately change when you switch from light to dark or vice versa, but should be fine when you reload the page or visit another one. I'm planning to do the same with all other forum icons that look fuzzy (white borders) using dark styles.

Last edited:
No, the icons are still present but there is a white cube around the either grey or green circle depending on your online status. Try switching the dark colour scheme on while reading this thread (I'm just having a bit of doubt whether or not we are talking about the same thing. Oh, my mistake, I didn't mean forum names. I meant forum user names/avatar).

It didn't change after shift+reload.

EDIT: My browser is IE 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom