Drakensang - Shipping in NA

I had pre-ordered it from Amazon, but they missed their planned ship date and I checked the game page and it said 1-2 weeks. So I canceled and ordered from Gamestop. Now more waiting... (Preferring physical media has it's price!)

I contacted GoGamer two weeks ago about their not listing it anywhere on their site. They said they'd look into it but they still don't offer it. Seems like the publisher is doing a pretty awful job to me.

I'm so looking forward to this game!

I contacted GoGamer two weeks ago about their not listing it anywhere on their site. They said they'd look into it but they still don't offer it. Seems like the publisher is doing a pretty awful job to me.

I was surprised by this as well ... but forgot since I had my GameStop pre-order ...

Does anyone know if the game will play at all on 'integrated graphics'? If so I'd buy it for my netbook ...

Try it with the demo. It's unlikely though.

Yip, looks like. Which is a shame, not just because this game is pretty solid but because - assuming its success internationally is fairly tepid (compared to its success in Germany) - it might well mean they'll take as long for localization for their next title(s). Not a catastrophe, but a shame.

Maybe instead of realizing that the crappy marketing and distribution job they have done cost them loads of sales they can just blame piracy like everyone else ...

It's also possible that the early 2010 date hints at a faster international release. Febr - May sounds like a good time for a smaller RPG. Sept - Dec is suicide (except Germany).

I have been trying to play this game since I like the older ones but can't because the cursor shows up but isn't attached to the mouse so it is invisible. This is the second game I can't play because of that and the other one is Sacred 2.

If this happens with to different games using two completely different technologies there is a certain chance something is messed up on your end. Maybe a driver issue or something messes up your mouse.

All they have in common is SecuROM. But different types of SecuROM

I once saw a PC where someone had TWO mice drivers installed.

I once saw a PC where someone had TWO mice drivers installed.

You mean the ability to run two simultaneously? Because for many laptops you get one for teh trackpad and another for external mice.

I reverted to the generic windows driver because I heard there was conflicts between some games and logitech drivers and that didn't help. I updated my video drivers to the newest on nvidias website because I read that it could be a video driver problem and that didn't work. I have tried other solutions that didn't work but this has happened on some other games also and they had an option to disable the hardware mouse and those games started working after that. (if a bit slow)

I reverted to the generic windows driver because I heard there was conflicts between some games and logitech drivers and that didn't help. I updated my video drivers to the newest on nvidias website because I read that it could be a video driver problem and that didn't work. I have tried other solutions that didn't work but this has happened on some other games also and they had an option to disable the hardware mouse and those games started working after that. (if a bit slow)

Possible simple solution:

Start Drakensang with the parameter
-novideo

Only intro and credits are skipped. The rest is rendered by the engine. It worked for somebody in the German forum.

Back
Top Bottom