Witcher 3 - New Lead: Ciri?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN thinks Ciri should be the new lead for The Witcher 4:

Out of the way Geralt, Ciri should lead The Witcher 4

We're celebrating ten years since the first The Witcher game was released in Europe. This is the second of four articles looking at the ever-popular series - tune in throughout the week for more. This article contains spoilers for the entirety of The Witcher 3.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I think they'd do better with a more open World of Witcher game, without a fixed protagonist.

In all my interactions with her in W3 I encouraged her to become Empress ( to bring a stable peace to the region). I wouldn't like to see all my hard work come undone if she goes off adventuring!

Didn't the developers declare that Witcher 3 was to be the last in this setting and they are moving on?

It would be cool to be able to create your own character in the Witcher world…and embark on a new adventure and new story. If not, it could be hit or miss. If I don't like the main character of a game and its character driven, then that can be a big enough negative and turn off to cause me to bypass the game.

At one point in time it sounded like that, but more recently, they've all-but-confirmed that more Witcher games will be coming eventually.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-would-be-unfair-to-fans-to-not-make-witcher-4-d/1100-6432842/

Interesting, though not surprising. It's a cash cow... No reason to walk away if they don't have to, or if CDPR is hellbent on making their own games now, sell the IP.

That said, I would love to see Ciri as the protag, though they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with our alternate endings-- especially the Empress thing (or death thing, if that was an option).

Interesting, though not surprising. It's a cash cow… No reason to walk away if they don't have to, or if CDPR is hellbent on making their own games now, sell the IP.

That said, I would love to see Ciri as the protag, though they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with our alternate endings-- especially the Empress thing (or death thing, if that was an option).
Nah.
There have probably been a dozen of games with different endings where one ending was simply assumed canon for the sequel. No way around that, really.

But, yeah, Ciri would make a really interesting main character.
And there could be grumpy grandpa Geralt ;)

Yeah it could work very well. There's enough anonymous main character, it's a change some WRPG adopt this JRPG design tactic.

Here we go again:
I'd be fine with a new Witcher series in 10 years or something. :)

Rise of the Witcher Order: Geralt as the only remaining Witcher revives the Witcher schools with the help of Ciri who after 20 years of reigning in Nilfgaard is fed up with politics.
You play as one of the new Witcher aspirants with full character customization.

Given that CDP are now focused on Cyberpunk, and will be for years to come, this is simply wishful thinking. At the earliest, we're talking 2023 or something.

I don't have any problem with Ciri, but in my game, she turned into Empress, so I'd be disappointed if my ending was ignored.

Good point there.
In my first playthrough she went to become a royalty.
In my second game she shoved that off.
Apparently, she can also die, dunno how to trigger that one.

Since all that's undetermined future, how about a game with child Ciri? I wonder how would we play training sessions with blinfold. :D

If player decides to be overprotective or cold towards her, she dies.

It's not that she dies, is that she doesn't come back and Geralt commit suicide by monsters.

That's actually the ending I got when I played the game the first time (I personally though I was trying to be supportive of Ciri) and I'm still wondering if it tainted my view of game or not (i.e. I think the game is greatly overrated).

Back
Top Bottom