The Witcher - Gone Gold!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
No, really - this time it actually has:
NEW YORK, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc. , one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, announced today that The Witcher has gone gold and is scheduled to ship to retailers in North America on October 30. Developed by CD Projekt, The Witcher is a Games for Windows title and will be available exclusively for the PC.
The Witcher transcends traditional fantasy role-playing by throwing players into a unique fantasy world rife with modern social issues such as terrorism, political intrigue and racism where the lines between good and evil are blurred. Based on a fictional world created by best-selling Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher casts players as Geralt, a legendary monster slayer and master swordfighter with supernatural abilities and reflexes.
"Not only does The Witcher shine with its stellar action gameplay, its thought provoking storyline riddled with mature social issues is sure to get gamers talking," said Larry Liberty, Senior Producer, Atari, Inc. "We're confident that The Witcher will prove to be one of the most acclaimed RPG titles this Fall."
"Creating The Witcher was a huge challenge, but also an adventure. Our task was to create a game with an incredibly involving story and a credible world -- a role-playing game that we ourselves would like to play," said Michal Kicinski, CD Projekt Joint CEO. "We approached this task with no compromises. Thanks to that The Witcher is not just another RPG. It's a piece of work that in many respects changes and extends the typical canon of such games. It's quite a brave approach, however I believe that thanks to that attitude The Witcher will bring much freshness into the genre and, of course, will give the players all around the world lots of joy and positive emotions. And we couldn't have asked for a better publishing partner than Atari. We're very happy that The Witcher will join Atari's stable of fantastic role-playing games."
The Witcher presents a fresh approach to traditional role-playing, blending an expansive, twisting plotline -- in which the impact of individual decisions can drastically alter the outcome of the game -- and fast-paced combat against a wide variety of foes. With highly detailed graphics, countless motion-capture animations and spectacular visual effects, The Witcher delivers brutal action, deep role-playing options and an intriguing story which will enthrall any player who dares to take on the formidable role of Geralt.
For more information about The Witcher visit www.thewitcher.com and for more details about Atari's entire product line up visit www.atari.com.
More information.

Execellent, I have never ordered boobies from overseas and I can hardly wait, this is a very exciting time! :)

Oh and GRATZ, to CD PROJEKT! :)

Alright! Poland is partying tonight. ;)

(And it's pretty happy around my house, too.):party2::party:

I thought I already quit playing games, maybe after this one :)

They cut it pretty close though with a release date on the 30th...

I choose the positive lookout on this: that they made sure they polished
the product to its best before releasing (not that there is still a host of
bugs and they finally run out of time i.e)...

Best wishes ofcourse, that all this time they invested, leaves both the Devs
and us pleased with the result (and that result is good enough to give birth
to many sequels in addition to sparking an increased publishing interest for
the books ;) )

The voices in my mind are too loud. I'm finally preordering it today.

I thought I already quit playing games, maybe after this one :)

I'll never stop playing games I've already requested to be buried with my computer fully loaded with the best CRPG's. The problem is getting a decent power source to my coffin. J/K LOL.

Regarding the Witcher, I'm sure they wanted to get it out for Christmas. They want to make some money for their efforts and their release time couldn't be better. As long as the game is stable and reasonably bug free, they should sell a lot of copies, IMO.

I hate to be a party crasher but this marketing blurb is inane:

The Witcher transcends traditional fantasy role-playing by throwing players into a unique fantasy world rife with modern social issues such as terrorism, political intrigue and racism where the lines between good and evil are blurred.

Traditional fantasy is all about terroism, racism, political intrigue and blurred lines. The inventor of Orcs, Elves and Halflings as we know them today himself wrote about this stuff.

Back to the party, I hope this lives up to the hype and builds some respect for PC RPGs.

I've just played Hellgate London demo. Man, that game's cheap! Been there, done that. Is the game lame or I'm becoming too old for hack&slash? Bring on The Witcher!!!

I hope it'll be reasonbly free of bugs, in that case everything should go fine.

CD projekt asked me on Monday to make a money transfer to cover the fee for Witcher.

Furthermore I know that will receive my preorder copy some time next week i.e. October 26th if I recall correctly. Only one week to go.

I am sceptical. Too many disappointments with games lately. I'll wait and see what the crowd has to say...

Yeah, there have been a lot of games lately that looked good on paper, but turned out to be disappointing. Not because of high expectations, but because the PR just didn't match the final product. We'll see...

EB Australia is displaying the 7th of November as release date :S So I've ordered it from game.co.uk just like with MotB (which STILL isn't available in stores in Aus, not until the 24th). Game.co list the 26th as releas date for The Witcher, say that they dispatch games so that they arrive on the day of release, but the postage time to Aus is 4-6 days (MotB took 7 I think), so hopefully I'll get it sometime around the end of this month.

I suggest my fellow Australians who are looking forward to this game do the same.

Finally. For those who doubt - read the previews at ign, gamespot and RPGWatch. It won't dissapoint U.

Finally. For those who doubt - read the previews at ign, gamespot and RPGWatch. It won't dissapoint U.

The reviews & users comments will show if the game is good. Despite of this I pre-ordered it.

I hope you're right.

Finally a game I'm sure to grab at the release day. :)

I think it's sensible for anyone with concerns to wait to see comments. I have it pre-ordered -- which says a lot because I've played it -- but then again, I haven't played the whole thing, so anything is possible. Don't take a preview as a final review.

I would say that if they simply released the July/August version I have, then it would be in as good a condition as many released games. I encountered a handful of crashes and some of the cutscenes and scripted encounters needed polish but it was perfectly playable and free of obvious major issues. The presentation and translation was already miles ahead of Two Worlds, for example. Assuming they have polished it further since then, it should be in pretty good shape.

Back
Top Bottom