Pricewatch!

also remember price pointing is criticial.

"an object's worth is exactly how much someone will pay for it."

its like IC chips - once the R&D is paid for, the IC costs pennies and they sell it for $$ for as long as they can. Thanks to internetswebweb there's ltitle overhead.

if someone will pay $2 for something they'd otherwise download from an abandonware site that's $2 your company otherwise wouldn't have.

as for bait and switch, nothing wrong with that as long as they still sell you the original product at the price advertised. no limit on supply of an electronic copy so theoretically, it shouldn't be a problem.

Paradox Interactive are having a 50% sale on all games on Steam, Impulse, Gamersgate, Direct2Drive etc. They mostly do historic grand strategy games, but some games like Mount & Blade, Majesty 2 and a bundle deal on Elven Legacy with all the expansions on Gamersgate(~15 euros) could be of interest. The sale ends on Tuesday .

It's a very good time to buy all id and bethesda games, if you're just starting.

The QuakeCon 2010 Pack sale over at Steam has a lot from their catalogs for $70.

Includes 27 items including Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Commander Keen, DOOM 3, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, DOOM II, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Final DOOM, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen II, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, Morrowind: Game of the Year, Oblivion: Game of the Year Deluxe, plus more…

Indie games sale at gamersgate. Avernum 5 and Geneforge 5 are about 7 euros each.

Interesting find.

The Saturn electronic shops chain currently sells both Dragon Age Origins and Philleasson's Secret for 20 Euros.
At least around Cologne.

German magazine of "PC Games" comes in September (it's already out) with Two Worlds I - and with "Ultima IV". Since I don't have the mgazine yet, I can only assume it' the remake.
One version of this magazine, the one called "Premium", one that comes with 2 DVDs, one of them seemingly almost only consisting of current game videos, comes with much more Two Worlds I - related material, like maps, strategy guide and "code for 5 unique items".

More about it here : http://www.pcgames.de/PC-Games-Bran...te-Gruende-fuer-das-druckfrische-Heft-769175/

The magazine "PC Games" which has Two World with it (look above) most likely also comes with the original ( ! ) game of Ultima IV !

Interestingly, as publishers the magazine says it's "Origins/Mythic Entertainment/EA".

I'm astonished to find Mythic there. I don't remember them having anything to do with Ultima IV ?

The magazine "PC Games" which has Two World with it (look above) most likely also comes with the original ( ! ) game of Ultima IV !

Interestingly, as publishers the magazine says it's "Origins/Mythic Entertainment/EA".

I'm astonished to find Mythic there. I don't remember them having anything to do with Ultima IV ?
Who owns the Ultima brand? EA or EA BioWare Mythic (What a mouthful!)?

I really don't know, sorry.

We rarely get stuff that good with our magazines over here.

We normally never. This is a total exception. (I mean older games like Ultima.)

And there is no handbook or anything else either - only a few tips within the magazine (there's a small series of articles regarding the Ultima remakes and Mods).

Edit : There are a few text files, though, within the package, all of them having dates of April 23rd - 25th, 1997.

Interestingly, a few .TLK files bear a date from 2003.
Like a text file called FIXES.TXT with a date of October, 6th, 2003, which informs the reader of the game being 1.01 now, and containing a few fixes (in data files).

Has there been a compilation of some sorts in 2003 ?

Last edited:
Great Adventure Bundle 2010 @ TellTale:

• The Whispered World
  • Jack Keane
  • King's Quest Collection
  • Penny Arcade Adventures
  • (Puzzle Agent -> depending on volume)
  • (Sam & Max Season 2 -> depending on volume)

$19.95, incl. 25% for charity.

I have seen Space Siege today at an electronics chain shop (name forgotten) for 3 Euros.

Saturn continues to sell Dragon Age (normal edition) for 20 Euros, but also Drakensang 2 for 13 Euros, and Divinity 2 for ... uh, I don't quite remember anymore, but it was definitively under 25 Euros.

Back
Top Bottom