Gothic 3 Gothic 3 "Collector's Edition"...what do they mean "most utd version"?

Leasa

Traveler
Gothic 3 "Collector's Edition"...what do they mean "most utd version"?

Hello, I just recieved Gothic 3 Collectors Edition with the Forsaken Gods expansion pack. Box says it has the most up to date version of Gothic 3...what version would that be? I can not seem to find it anywhere? Does anyone know if I still need to install patch v1.6? Does anyone know WHEN v 1.7 will be available?
Also, from what I have read, the FG expansion needs all 3 patches updated as well...in what order would that be as seems to be some contradiction with the version #'s.
I am new at this, so sorry if this is not the right forum to ask these questions.
Thank-you for your help.

Welcome to our forum! :)

G3 probably has been updated to Community Patch 1.6. CP 1.7 is supposed to come out in the near future, which can mean everything from "today" to "June". It might be worth waiting for it though, because it's already clear it will be the biggest patch so far.

I don't know much about the add-on. Generally speaking I would just intall the game and install the latest patch. It should include all older patches.

I'm not sure this is the more wise for the Forsaken Gods version. I mean applying more patch than you should could break a game or a scenario. Before applying any patch I would check and be sure at 100% that it's been qualified for this version of the game.

Myself I cannot answer this.

Thank-you both for your help and guidance...much appreciated!
What are your thoughts around v 1.7 patch re: if I was to start a new game now, would I still be able to use my "saved games" if I upgraded the v 1.7 patch in future or would I have to start from scratch?
Thank-you again for your help!!

Thank-you both for your help and guidance...much appreciated!
What are your thoughts around v 1.7 patch re: if I was to start a new game now, would I still be able to use my "saved games" if I upgraded the v 1.7 patch in future or would I have to start from scratch?
Thank-you again for your help!!

CP 1.7 wont be compatible with older saves,I'd advice you to wait cause it will be out in early 2009(January/February).
About FG I think the correct order is :
  1. Release patch(1.4)
  2. Patch 1.7
or
  1. Install 1.4
  2. Install 1.6
  3. Install 1.7
  4. Uninstall 1.6
  5. Uninstall 1.7
  6. Install 1.7

I'm not sure though.

If you're copy of Gothic 3 included the 1.6 community patch, you will see the version of gothic installed on your machine on the Gothic 3 main menu screen (Load Game, New Game options etc.).

If you see no mention of the Gothic 3 version installed on your machine on the main menu screen, install community patch 1.6.

Back
Top Bottom