Is Fable like Gothic?

God I loved being called Chicken Chaser!
"Hey whats a Chicken Chaser"
"What does a Chicken Chaser do?"
"Here comes Chicken Chaser!"
:lol:
What a great irony, hey if you can't laugh at yourself you missing half the fun.
If you didn't like it all you had to do was spend 50 gold or so to get a new name. :)

"What a great irony, hey if you can't laugh at yourself you missing half the fun."

It helped ruin the immersion to me since other than in school when I was 13 years old (which is another issue altogether lol) I can't indentify with being called silly names by passers-by. Irony and self-deprecating humor are all good and present in many crpg's, PST is probably the best at that (and at many other things) but being called silly names by passers-by doesn't qualify into that for me. In Fable when I did purchase another name I was called that other name by passersby and again same problem.

I actually meant being made fun of and being the hero at the same time, as in the quest I suggested he look for the guy whom wanted his daughter to meet a hero, of course I could just be a gulleton for punishment. ;)

I know what you mean, though if your not in the right frame of mind Fable could suck. :)
Since I play on the PC I knew there had been alot of hype, so basicly I went for the laughs.
Seems it would be sort of like the movie Last Action Hero, if you didn't know it was intended as satire, but then again some may not like it for their own reasons.

As far as I'm concerned the whole 'chicken chaser' and 'farting' 'features' show exactly who Fable was aimed at: juvinile male teenagers. I don't find anything remotely funny about it, to be honest, it just makes me cringe inside (just as much as similar movies, like Dumb and Dumber do)

To me Fable felt like the devs had great ideas, and then the further they got into the development of the game, the more they realised they could not actually implement these ideas. Theh in the end they just threw in the towel, gave up, added farting as a feature, and hoped that at least the under-20-male-audience might get a laugh out of it.
Playing Fable, all I could see is what the game should have been, what it was supposed to be, and what it wasn't. And I didn't follow the hype about the game at all, that was the saddest thing, I only read about all the promised features afterwards.
Makes me wonder how many broken promises we'll find in Fable2, for which Moulinoux seems to be blowing the same PR trumpet as he did for 1....

Peter molyneux surely is good hyping games. Only if those games would fullfill even tiny portion of those visions... I say no more.

All of his games are fun for the start, but quite soon you get bored to them. Fable for example is a nice game, but very short and lacks depth.

I think only evil could fart and such, if you played good you could do things like dance and air guitar.
I guess some of its juvinile but isn't all culture humor considered juvinile?
I mean certianly Austin Powers isn't serious yet its culture humor is making fun of things many at the time took serious spy thrillers.

Sounds like you expected much more serious RPG.

I played good and I could fart with the best of them.

I tried it but I gave up after the first town. It felt very childish, I felt that the control system was annoying, the focus on good/evil had reduced the amount of real content for someone who just wanted to play good anyway, finally the no save function was a killer for someone who actually have a real life with responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom