Wasteland 2 - One Million in Sales on First Week

Where is Maylander. Hes probably finished the game a few times already by now.

Pass. I'd rather the money be spent on better gameplay, more game content, and maybe, just maybe actually finishing a game before it's released for once.
I'll agree on content. That's the old quality vs. quantity argument. There does get to be a point where there's just too much, though. Divinity: Original Sin was actually within sight of that, I think.

I'm not at all convinced that more money will do much for game play. You can make more detailed rules and be able to handle more interesting situations, I suppose, but I think the returns are going to diminish pretty fast.

As for releasing finished games... nah. Never going to happen. At least not with a game any more complex than checkers, anyway. Though if more games decide to stay "in beta" the way Minecraft did....

I finished the game and thought it was glorious. I'll certainly play it again. Sometime in the future, after a few patches have been released, so I'll benefit the most from another go.

I know my opinion isn's much appreciated around here, but I can't pass by these statements without a reply. Obsession with graphics and voice acting was what turned party-based isometrical tactical games into something resembling what I recall from my many years as a pen & paper role player. Which was the role playing (as the name of the hobby implies) and the immersion in the setting, versus the total exclusion of the player, which observes the events from afar (distance given by the isometrical view) so he can deploy more effectively his units on the terrain.
To each his own, of course, but there's quite a lot of old-school games around for people to still be bashing on the graphics and voice acting. Now it's our (when I say "our" I mean the people who like immerion, decent graphics, the not-so tactical approach, the real time, the 1st or 3rd person perspective) time to be the minority.
I'm thinking I already feel the need to bitch about all the so called RPGs being turn based tactical stuff… Where are others now?

I kind of understand where you're coming from with this. I still remember when I first played the original Gothic. It blew me away completely. I had never before experienced that kind of immersion. In fact, I don't think I've experienced it since either. Games can certainly be fun without that level of immersion, but I still think there's something special about that feeling. It's something I've never experienced while reading books or watching movies either, so it's quite unique.

Where is Maylander. Hes probably finished the game a few times already by now.

Haha, I haven't even started it I'm afraid. After Risen 3, I got hooked on Neverwinter Nights again, so I've recently played through the following:

NWN OC + HotU with a Cleric (+ 4 fighter levels for BAB progression).
NWN SoU + HotU with a Sorcerer
NWN Kingmaker + SoU + HotU with a Druid
NWN Witch's Wake with a Paladin
NWN ShadowGuard + OC + HotU with a Monk

That's my last few weeks of gaming. Quite fun. Due to the similarities between NWN and KotOR, I'm now feeling a strong compulsion to complete KotOR 1 + 2 again, so I'll start that today.

And then I'm probably going to start thinking about Dragon Age 1 + 2 while preparing for DA: I.

I might have time for either D: OS or Wasteland 2 in between, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom