Hal Life: Alyx

tuukka

Watchdog
Anyone played it?

The reviews are great. I've used VR once, and after watching videos, I could see this game being very immersive.

The movement seems like the major limiting factor to me. You have to point and click your movement. Suitable for some first person games, not for others.

Of course it's very interesting when VR will be applied to RPG gaming. The point & click movement would actually be quite nice for somewhat turn-based gaming.

HL:A is generally considered the best VR game ever made. I loved it.

it is VERY immersive. i don't scare easy and I found the head crabs and some of the darker scenes a bit... unnerving :)

it does have the point and click teleport movement, but it also has slide/snap turn as well.

The movement seems like the major limiting factor to me. You have to point and click your movement. Suitable for some first person games, not for others.

There's a free movement mode in Alyx, if you have the legs for it.

There's a free movement mode in Alyx, if you have the legs for it.

I think space would be more of an issue then legs. I have maybe a 4x4 area for VR gaming, if that.

I tried playing Alyx on my quest using Occulus link, but my computer wasn't up to the task and it went too slowly. What I saw of it looked pretty cool though. I have a new computer arriving soon so I'll try it out again then.

Back
Top Bottom