Quantcast
XCom2 opinions - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » XCom2 opinions

Default XCom2 opinions

March 22nd, 2017, 11:06
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
So far, all 3 network tower attacks I've done in LW2 have resulted in the reinforcements showing up right about where my first shot was made. I'm pretty sure all 3 were at rookie level, though.

Yeah - though some of the stuff just isn't anywhere in the game. It's "just" a mod, after all, so it isn't always possible to give hints on everything that's going on. The UFOPedia is pretty up to date so you might want to alt-tab to it from time to time.
Thanks for that.

I will be restarting my LW2 campaign. I have had few too many bad missions and some bad choices too.

I think it's important to have early engineer, scientist, supply raid and resistance rescue missions to do well. I also did my tower mission badly and then waited for Advent Strength to creep up too much before doing the main mission to free the region.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

March 22nd, 2017, 14:00
Since so many struggle with this product:

Simcopter1 runs periodically streams on this in order to learn how to play. The streams are methodological and interactive and the community eager of learning.

Tornis and Filfthy robot play regularly on legend difficulty and iron man and are open to answer questions.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

March 22nd, 2017, 23:34
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I think it's important to have early engineer, scientist, supply raid and resistance rescue missions to do well. I also did my tower mission badly and then waited for Advent Strength to creep up too much before doing the main mission to free the region.
You might want to just flat out buy an engineer - though it's expensive.

I still haven't done a supply mission. They always seem to show up with less than a day remaining!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Yesterday, 03:00
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
You might want to just flat out buy an engineer - though it's expensive.

I still haven't done a supply mission. They always seem to show up with less than a day remaining!
My current game is going much better.
I managed to liberate my first region, although I did reload part of the network tower mission as I had sent my shinobi way too far and he activated vipers who proceeded to bind him and kill the rest of my team.

It's a good lesson, but I am happy I am not doing a full ironman for LW2.

I think that would be pointless for me, but I do aim not to reload and I have only had to reload one more part of a mission due to a misclick.

EDIT: you need to keep more people on Intel gathering and use the Avenger in that region too. IF you get 4 days, then spend the 25 intel, the mission should be fine with 6 soldiers.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

Yesterday, 04:35
Oh I have been. I've seen missions pop up with 10 days to go! The RNG is just hating on me. I'm sure I'll get a proper one soon enough.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » XCom2 opinions