The TV Series discussion thread

I enjoyed them both as well, but jeez they are just too short. It's basically a mini-quest per episode.

Yeah I guess its a "mini epic"
Thirty-six minute shows

Maybe I should just wait and binge watch the last 6 shows at once

"I have spoken"

I enjoyed them both as well, but jeez they are just too short. It's basically a mini-quest per episode.

I actually like that about them - it is tight, focused and delivers on a specific plot. Since my wife is more ‘along for the ride’ I find it also keeps her more engaged, to the point where she actually enjoyed the second episode :)

I just don't like historical that turns to be "historical". And I don't like drama as I have plenty of that in RL.

Other stuff you mentioned I do adore: diverse plot lines, mystery, crime, deep characters - and am currently following a rather exotic series Метод aka Method. If there were no certain cheesy scenes characteristic for russian cinema (awkward chase through woods for example) this thing would have been a masterpiece. Came close though.
One more thing, the story summary on imdb is partially misleading bullshit.

If this gem is not airing on some channel available in your area, it's available (legally) on youtube however without any subtitles, so if you don't speak russian, try with fan made subtitles. If there are any, when I say exotic it also means rather unknown outside of it's country of origin.
No, I don't speak russian, so don't look at me. If i did I'd translate this to english myself, it's that good. Yes I know grammar police would be on my trail after that… ;)

Noticed that this show is available on Netflix with english subtitles (when did that happen?), probably not in all areas but you can check it via link:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80166471
If you can watch it please give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.

If it's not available in your area on Netflix and you can find fan subs somewhere or if you speak russian, it's legally available at Serial's youtube channel but no subtitles are included there.

Season 2 is happening soon, a teaser appeared:

Obviously Paulina Andreeva and Alexander Petrov will reprise their roles and I can't wait!

https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/27/the-witcher-netflix-first-impressions/
First impressions of The Witcher Netflix series are trickling onto social media

Reddit user badfortheenvironment has done the hard work for us, compiling a megathread of first impressions from over a dozen television critics.
Good, solid pulp-fantasy nonsense.
I’ve seen a screener of the first episode of #TheWitcher and, um, I think I’m pregnant.
The fight choreography is insane.
Henry Cavill chose Roach well, and that’s the hill I die on!
Paid shills or we'll all end up pregnant? :evilgrin:

The latest episode of The Mandalorian ranks an 11/10 on the Disney scale. So many cringey eye-rolls - surprised there was no fairy princess in the forest.

Additionally, while the series started off strong, I don't see it lasting more than a season or two at most if this is going to remain the M.O.: 30 minute snippets of simplistic Disney action without any overarching purpose. I'm not asking for a grand story to tie together the guy's daddy complex, but something beyond these increasingly predictable and compartmentalized planet detours would be swell.

The latest episode of The Mandalorian ranks an 11/10 on the Disney scale. So many cringey eye-rolls - surprised there was no fairy princess in the forest.

Just finished watching it, and yeah, it was pretty bad. The whole episode was cliche and sappy, and the fight choreography was lame.

I also felt like Gina Carano was a poor casting choice. Her lack of acting experience was glaring, and she seemed really out of place.

Finished the recent season of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This is the best season they've made since season 4-5 or so. First and last episode was dull, otherwise it was pretty solid.

Watched last episode of Mandalorian. It was very comic book like, which seems to be what they're going for with this series and in that sense i enjoyed it, it needed more stylized scenes to really nail it.. There were a few scenes, especially one with the AT-ST that came off really cool.. Overall i thought it looked worse than the previous episodes though. Considering the budget they have it was pretty weak and the shocktrooper female was bad. I'm also beginning to think baby yoda would be better if he was CGI, his expressions are very limited, i think he would be more fun as animated actually, they could do way more with it.

wtf?
Did you just say that Disney made a bloody prequel?! I'm not watching prequels. :mad:

nah, its just a nick name for "something". this is set after the Empire has fallen.

I also felt like Gina Carano was a poor casting choice. Her lack of acting experience was glaring, and she seemed really out of place.

Yes I agree she is not good actress but at least she looks like she "belongs" there and mean business.

Neverheard of her. Googled. Seems she's trying to become female The Rock. Or RL Xena.
Now Xena used to state in plenty of episodes "I have many skills". Dwayne Johnson proved he's multiskilled. Here's one scene for those not liking him just because (he's too good to be true regardless of poor scripts in some movies he accepts to appear in):

Gina Carano? Dunno. Maybe. As I said, neverheard and never noticed her anywhere.

Yes I agree she is not good actress but at least she looks like she "belongs" there and mean business.

She's one of those people who has a constant smirk on her face too, i've noticed i have a really hard time taking such people seriously. There's a woman in The 100's who's even worse, looks like she's about to burst out into laughter at any moment, it's especially bad in scenes that are supposed to be tragic or very dramatic.

Have to disagree with you guys - I thought the episode was excellent once again. The style - over-arching plot with weekly conflict - is a choice that some will like and others not, but that is life, right?

Back
Top Bottom