Deathfire - Kickstarter Updates #4 & 5

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
G3 Studios has released two more updates for Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore. You know the drill by now details below everyone.

Update #4 - Meet the Psycho Engine

Since character interaction is one of the key features in our game, I thought in today’s update I will tell you a little more about how this is going to work and what kind of effects you can expect. It is a bit tricky for me to do, because on the one hand I would love to divulge every bit of information on it - because it really is absolutely cool and fascinating - but at the same time I need to make sure we are maintaining a bit of competitive advantage by keeping things vague. In the old days, this was not a problem because you talked about things such as this very late in the development of a game, but in today’s climate, as soon as we announce features, people want to know details. The problem with that is that in the time from now until the time we publish, other projects can essentially pick up your idea and mimmic the feature, and take away a competitive advantage from you that way. I need to prevent this while also satisfying our backer’s curiosity. I’ll try to do my best.
Update #5 - 1,500 Backers, We offer you a new goal!

Last night we finally reached 1,500 backers. It took a little longer than we had hoped, but it does not change the fact that it makes us very happy. So happy, in fact, that we decided to drop the 48 hour limitation we had previously imposed and will give the Kickstarter Editions of the game their own, unique cover!

What’s more, when the time comes we will prepare a selection of potential covers and allow all backers to vote which one we should use for the final packaging. Sound fair?

Now that we have reached this initial goal, lets move to the next one. We want to continue attracting new backers, of course, and therefore we have decided that we will be adding an additional ending to the game if we reach 2,500 backers!

In its current version, the game will contain three different main endings, each with a number of subtle variations. With the new goal we will add a fourth main ending path to the game, that will divert from the others and will offer an additional, unique way to complete the game. We feel it is a great goal to aspire to, as it also adds tremendous replay value, and we hope you will continue to help us gather momentum and exposure for the “Deathfire” Kickstarter, so that we can not only reach this goal, but blast way past it and add other cool features to the game over the duration of this campaign.
More information.

Well, i'm disappointed so far. Not with the game, but, with the performace of the KS. They are a long way away from reaching their goal. I hope they pick up some steam soon. I'm pulling for it.

I don't know, I guess what they are selling hasn't piqued my interest that much. But then, I never really got in to these types of games either. It looks good for what this type of product I suppose.

I don't know, I guess what they are selling hasn't piqued my interest that much. But then, I never really got in to these types of games either. It looks good for what this type of product I suppose.

If you're meaning Legends of Grimrock or Dungeon Master by these types of games no, Deathfire won't be a dungeon crawler with real time combat. It will be a full fledged RPG with turn-based tactical combat, towns, a deep story, economy, NPCs, sidequests, different endings, dungeons and such. Your characters won't be silent sword or magic wielders. Every one of them will have a different personality.

By these types of games you're meaning party-based first person perspective RPGs general, who knows maybe you will like it. You never know until you play it. If it will achieve it's Kickstarter goal of course. Right now they need every backer to achieve it. Every dollar counts. Existence of the game depends on it. So by pledging a minimum of 20 $ maybe you help them to bring their dream into reality and find yourself a new classic.

Even if it gains a little speed now - there are still 331k missing and only 24 days.
So in average they would need about 14k a day to reach the goal. This amount was only met in the very first two days.
Each day without a big miracle makes it more unlikely that they reach the goal. :(

Back
Top Bottom