The Witcher 2 - March Newsletter

I'm playing through The Witcher now, in anticipation of the May 31st release date.

Actually the release date is May 17th (Witcher Forum F.A.Q.).

Even better, though at the rate I play, I better hurry up :)

And keep you save, you can load it in Witcher 2. I almost want to replay the first game just to have a save now that I learned about that.

I'll send you my save, if you're wanting to side with the nonhumans. I think that's how I'm going to play it out. I'm not sure how much it'll take from the first game though. I'm a mage-Witcher, so I use signs a ton and my character is built towards that.

From what I have read, there might be something to select how the Witcher 1 one played out in the Witcher 2, so I might not need your save.

And replaying isn't a bad idea either, considering the game start something like 2 months after the first one.

Last edited:
Woo only 5 month after, dam I must replay before and this time finish it up to last final second. It's good anyway it's not from save, it will allow try various possibilities. In DA2 there was too many element to use such solution but at least have few various fake import options was cool to see different stuff. For example i could see the little wink and quest when you have choose werewolf side fully and destroyed all elf camp, without to have the blood on your own hands.

Looks like it's 2 months after the first game, not 5...

Probably.. but I don't think it matters much. I think most Witcher fans are more concerned about the gameplay than the graphics, which look pretty good from what I've seen.

DirectX 10&11 don't seem to be much of a jump from DX9 anyways.

Crysis certainly proves DX9 is just fine, looks-wise.

I'm still trying to decide if I have time to attempt a replay of the first game before TW2 is released.

Crysis certainly proves DX9 is just fine, looks-wise.

I know you meant Crysis 2, and yes I agree. That game reminded me of a typical beauty pageant contestant. Extremely pretty, but shallow in just about every other aspect. :)

I know you meant Crysis 2, and yes I agree. That game reminded me of a typical beauty pageant contestant. Extremely pretty, but shallow in just about every other aspect. :)

If you say so.

Um… ok. :thumbsup:

For the record I will say it is shallowER than Crysis, but far from shallow. Compared to pretty much every other FPS campaign the last few years it's like a freaking complex calculus problem.

For the record I will say it is shallowER than Crysis, but far from shallow. Compared to pretty much every other FPS campaign the last few years it's like a freaking complex calculus problem.

You're understating the comparison to Crysis, but to each his own. Perhaps I need to lower my standards for first-person shooters, because Crysis 2 was disappointing in nearly every aspect for me.

Back
Top Bottom