Spiderweb Games - View From the Bottom #9 @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jeff Vogel's latest View From the Bottom column is up at RPG Vault. The topic is end-game content in MMORPGs, which probably indicates he isn't quite as over them as our last interview suggested:
We've started to let our five-year old daughter Cordelia play World of Warcraft. She runs her cow-person around the starting town, hits birds and pretends that everyone she sees is her friend. We don't have to pay attention to her. Win-win all around.
The other day, I asked her if she was winning. She said, "Daddy! This is not a winning game! You can't win!"

Then I asked her what you do in the game instead. After some thought, she said, "Nothing."

Sometimes children are wise beyond their years.
More information.

:lol

If you stopped logging in one day, here is what would happen. Nothing. Then, two months later, someone would say, "Hey, what happened to Laygolas?" and someone else would say, "Dunno, dude. Whatever." And you would never be thought of again.

Meanwhile, you've spent two months slowly starving in your basement, trapped under the Alienware rig that fell on you, sustained only by the vermin you were able to lure into your mouth using your tongue as bait.

Great stuff, always like his rambles.

I do like his stuff and it is always funny reading others getting comments from their kids - my kids teach me so much about this stuff because of their totally different perspective ... it is great stuff.

My daughter has been helping me with RPGs since she was about 4. She often figures out ways to do things that I totally miss. She also comes up with really great ideas that I wonder if RPG companies shouldn't have a few kids around to try things out and just watch what they try and do.

These days Vogel sounds more like a nolife MMO junkie than a game developer.

Back
Top Bottom