Diablo: Hellfire - Now Available on GOG - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo: Hellfire - Now Available on GOG

Default Diablo: Hellfire - Now Available on GOG

June 5th, 2019, 22:13
Diablo: Hellfire is now available on GOG and is being sold with Diablo.

Hellfire expansion is now available as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo on GOG.COM.

Originally developed by Synergistic Software and released in 1997, Hellfire was not an official Blizzard product and did not carry Blizzard's endorsement or label. Despite that, in response to Diablo players who have expressed a desire to experience the content, Blizzard has given the OK for it to be included as a free add-on with Diablo purchases on GOG.COM.Hellfire offers a non-canonical single-player storyline where players must defeat a powerful demon named Na-Krul who is threatening Tristram. The expansion also adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Hellfire will be accessible while launching the original Diablo.The Hellfire expansion comes with high-resolution support and compatibility updates to allow it to run on modern systems, and it's available now as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo. The game is currently 10% off during the Summer Sale Festival until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

June 5th, 2019, 23:04
Oh cool, free stuff.

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

June 5th, 2019, 23:05
I was thinking of buying Diablo with its 10% discount, but then I changed my mind. Now with the free Hellfire addon I couldn't resist anymore and bought it.
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 6th, 2019, 03:03
I really wasn't expecting this since Hellfire was developed by a different company, though since it was published by Sierra they are also owned by Activision. I still had the original Hellfire expansion CD and it worked with the GOG version of Diablo but it is nice to have it officially supported.

Xian

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 6th, 2019, 04:12
Heading down to get my Aerosmith tickets. Tristram rocks!

RikusTyr

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 6th, 2019, 07:26
for any fans here. hellfire is shit, check out diablo free mod "the hell" . its a complete version of diablo imo. restored content and all.
there might be some consistency issues i addressed, so it might not be on par with diablo1 for immersion, but it is way above hellfire

borcanu

muist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

June 6th, 2019, 15:36
I quite enjoyed the original Diablo back in the day, as well as this Hellfire expansion, but not sure if I'd feel the same way today.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 6th, 2019, 16:37
Such a shame that while Blizzard will have an income from this game until the end of time, older games from independents (Wizardry is one that comes to mind) are now generating revenue for third party "rights holders" and not the pioneers who actually authored the work.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal | Stygian
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo: Hellfire - Now Available on GOG