Votes: 54 38.8%
  • Between 50 and 59

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • 60+

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Ancient, like Corwin

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
You could tell us, or a picture might explain things better.

Well, says a little more than just curmudgeon ;-) but I wear it proudly! We made a few of these for a computing course we taught some years back. The top students in the class - as well as staff - each got one. It was a 'steampunk mystery', and they had to solve the mystery to figure out who the uber-mega-mad scientist was. The Worthy Order of Curmudgeons was something my other friends and I dreamed up on holiday, when we were moaning about how everything was going to hell etc etc…"in my day…". My friend's wife suggested the name…and agreed that we were indeed miserable curmudgeons. We drank to that (after berating the waiter for poor service)

Attachments

• tshirt.jpg
    tshirt.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 166
I never played any games, computer or board, until I was over 50. I had a computer and Doom looked interesting, then Half-life. When Morrowind came out I was hooked for good.

40 isn't old, it's the new 20!! :)

48 this year, back a gym lifting heavy after taking 2 years off.

Thinking about competing at 50 if I can put the size on and get to 300lbs. 270ish right now.

Played adventure/colossal cave on a mainframe in about 1975. Never really got into D&D as already working, playing (Field) hockey at a sub-elite level, had first serious relationship at the same time.

Actually modded (changed code) of a colossal cave version in Fortran on a PDP-11/70s from 1979-81. Then when I got an apple II+ in 1980, I played Zork, Zork 2 in large chunks of time.
I never did much with a C64 or Trash80 but certainly spent chunks of time, mainly programming, ZX90 & ZX81.

Drifted away from gaming as was systems programmer on ICL29xx machine and had it for my own use on weekends, now that was a real personal computer! Joined IBM and was working too hard to do much gaming and didn't have a PC. I did a stint in the US with IBM 1989-91 (white plains, New York) and when I got back to Australia I was introduced to Civilization & SimCity and lost my nights for a while!

I was a beta tester for the original galactic civilizations on OS/2 (downloading that over a phone line was not ideal!). I then changed jobs at IBM and worked an average 65+ hour week plus travel (mainly international) 3 out of every 5 weeks - so no real gaming.

Left IBM but got unwell, very unwell, for several years so no gaming as the main issue was both wrists. Recovered, someone pointed me at BGI and that led to a gaming binge. Took a break for a few years while I did a part-time PhD and then played ME2 on a recommendation and been lost since then!!!

i'm 35, looks like i'm the rpgwatch average joe...

35 .. and i dont feel young

I'm surprise there aren't more younger folks. Would have expected a lot of folks in college.

But folks here were actually in the college, back at the time of old RPGDot. But now they evolved... :)
(And no, I wasn't a RPGDot member, that's why I am using "they" instead of "we")

I wasn't in college at that time :)

You were. As teacher. And then you also evolved :)

I'm 43, though I'll be 44 in a few weeks. Hard to believe that's in the median of this website. I always thought I was on the old end.

I always thought you were much older but I think that is because of your avatar :)

Back
Top Bottom