Underworld Ascendant - Backer Beta and New Narrative

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The backer beta for Underworld Ascendant has been released. In addition the latest update informs of a new narrative, new enemy variants and announces the voice cast.

BACKER BETA NOW AVAILABLE

Our Backer Beta build is now available for Journeyman level backers and above! ($35+)

Please log into your BackerKit to access the Steam key under the Digital Downloads page. This is currently available for only Windows; we will update our Mac and Linux backers when a build is available!

Note that unlocking the Beta access on Steam does NOT mean you are locked into downloading Underworld Ascendant on Steam for your final digital download when the game launches. We are still in talks with GOG about a DRM-free release.

If you had access to the Backer Alpha/Pre-Alpha build, you do NOT need a new Steam key. The Underworld Ascendant app should update on Steam to the Backer Beta Build.

For more information on what’s in the build, what you can expect, and a feedback form, check out our site here.

[...]

THE BACKBONE OF THE ABYSS: THE SURVIVORS

Over the last several months, our narrative team (writer/director Joe Fielder and writer Crispin Boyer) have been working with OtherSide Austin studio head Warren Spector to further refine and finalize Underworld Ascendant’s story.

For example:

• Several new roles have been added, as we’ve expanded the population of characters within the Saurian town of Marcaul to include mediators to the Factions and more.
  • The player’s nemesis Typhon is no longer a slumbering primordial nightmare, but is now an active taunting threat, full of menace and… wow, yeah, he’s actually really damn scary.
  • The game now includes VO support for Memora, which are captured memories from major characters detailing important events and secrets of The Stygian Abyss. These are found as quest items in main quests and also hidden in dark and often difficult to access areas that only the clever and capable can find.
  • Final recordings took place several weeks ago! Those have since been processed, implemented within the game, and delivered to our Localization team for translation.
  • We are currently bearing down on locking down all in-game text, including bits of series lore and lizardman graffiti hidden throughout the lower levels of The Stygian Abyss.
[...]
More information.

The Wonder Year is wrapping up. This and X4: Foundations are the last of the games I'm looking forward to in 2018 (meaning I hope to play them before the end of 2019 ;)).

The wonder year? ( Zloth has his own calendar, like the chinese?)
It's time we see if our boy Spector can deliver.

I downloaded this the other day. I know it's still Beta, but I can't say I was blown away with it. It's too bad because I loved the originals and really wanted to love this too. I'll still play it, but was hoping for something more. Hopefully, they'll be able to give it some spit and polish before official launch.

This has looked horrendous from the start unfortunately.. not getting any good vibes at all, not seen anyone who has tried it write anything positive either.

Ultima Underworld 2 was a fantastic game, it's too bad this most likely is not the follow up i've been waiting for. Glad i didn't back this.

Me too, I'm so glad I never backed this despite my love for the original UU games.... I think it is a way beter idea to replay those two XD

From my recent experiences with both Bard's Tale and Pathfinder, I know I won't be touching this one until a few months after launch, And based on what I've been reading lately, perhaps even a bit longer.

It's a shame to hear that this isn't looking good, I was kind of excited for it.

I was surprised at how beefy the recommended system requirements were. For a game with graphics like these, they seem pretty high; GTX 1080!?

Back
Top Bottom