Battle Brothers - Free DLC Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The free DLC for Battle Brothers called Lindwurm has been released.

Free DLC Released

The Lindwurm DLC has just been released to every current and future owner of Battle Brothers for free. Challenge your mercenary company against a fearsome Lindwurm, an adversary of legend, home to the wild parts of the world and fiercely defending its hoard of treasure!

Read all about the content of this free DLC in the accompanying dev blog here. It's not necessary to start a new campaign in order for any of the additions to appear in your game.

Alongside the DLC, the game has also been updated to version 1.1.0.5 with a couple of bugfixes that we've collected over the past few weeks.

Changelog

• Fixed game potentially freezing after combat ends under specific conditions.
  • Fixed 'Reset Equipment After Battle' option not working properly for specific combinations of equipment.
  • Fixed damage bonus from eating mushrooms not being displayed properly in some skill tooltips.
  • Fixed tooltip from a necromancer that himself has been raised from the dead not showing properly.
  • Fixed damage inflicted to a Direwolf's natural armor not being displayed in the combat log.
  • Fixed various minor issues.
More information.

A nice gesture, but while the mechanics are solid I don't know if I will replay this soon because of lack of story.

Gameplaywise, solid mechanics are what call for replaying a product.
Now a story, once done, does not provide anything new except liminar features.

Having a lack of story is a plus in my book. The tactics and strategy is so tight in Battle Brothers it's what keeps me coming back. Maybe a small chance they release mod tools because they also said no DLC. This game with D&D classes would be one of the greatest games of all time. My Paladin and Cleric would be ready for the undead horde.

This DLC has not yet triggered a renewal in BB streaming. Seems like players are finished with it.

For me the lack of an endgames is also not a pre.
Wish there was, then it would be one true awesome game !

Now that their base system is fully developed, perhaps they'll expand it into a strategy cRPG? One can hope…

This is actually the only title I've ever purchased and had refunded on Steam. The mechanics are great but I've never really been gripped by games that don't tell a decent story alongside their gameplay.

Still, it's nice to see the devs throwing their fans a bone after the drama over no mod support.

This DLC has not yet triggered a renewal in BB streaming. Seems like players are finished with it.

Streamers aren't real players.
Players that watch just streams aren't real players.

Fully agreed on the "who gives a fuck about streamers" sentiment (the AI seems to be programmed to be obsessed with streaming), but it does look like the release of this DLC has generated very little extra interest in the game:

https://steamdb.info/app/365360/graphs/

Only about 400 extra people playing the game after the DLC release (vs the previous weekends), seems pretty pathetic considering that 100K people own the game.

I actually agree with Chien for once, at least on the point of no overarching story. I'm perfectly fine with creating my own story in my head. So many folks, especially around here, complain about Bethesda's sucky main quests. I personally don't care at all. In an Elder Scrolls game, the first thing I have always done is grab a horse, abandon the main quest and ride off into the sunset to create my own.

I also agree with Wisdom, returning to the norm of disagreeing with Chien, in not giving a frog's fat arse about what streamers do.

That stuff with real/fake has been iincreasingly trending up to meet the demand issued by the instutionalization of double standard: when you start by claiming freedom as human condition and yet strive on slavery, either you admit something does not go as intended or you find out ways to weasel out like a distinction between freedom and freedom, human beings and human beings.

Streamers are players.
There is nothing like players who just watch streams. They are watchers,viewers etc.

BB streamers have reached a level of play in BB people on this site do not display.
They know the product way better than people on this site. They are a great source to learn about BB, which allows not to fall for assertions like BB mechanics are solid.

There is an endgame: the destruction of the supporting environment. That is the only way devs found out to curb the power machine of a BB party in the late game.

BB starts as very dicey, which gives it an impression of difficulty and might result in high casualty rate for players who do not bother about minimalization.

Later, BB turns to quasi certainty (they cant afford certainty) with 95 per cent hit chances so the casualty rate drops down.

Rare threats like orc cities, the black monolith are supposed to harm enough a party to endanger its continuity.

BB is about picking the right fight. With the growth in power, players could keep going on riskless missions.

To avoid that, devs have included a feature to kill a party by attrition: destruction of the environment. Without an environment to be supported by, the party goes extinct.

It is expected to force players into taking fights they would not have taken otherwise, exposing the party to harmful losses.

Experienced players, though, can get ahead of the curve and manage to overpower crisis threats when they appear.

The crisis, while an original feature, turned quickly controversial as they could force players into an end game (while players wished they could go on endlessly and reign as masters)

There is an endgame. Experienced players can mitigate or avoid it (demands serious dedication)

I actually agree with Chien for once, at least on the point of no overarching story. .

No. BB is horrible with free hand story. Already stated.

It has no scripted story (warbanners has but does not get praise for it)

BB, though, is no platform for writing a story. The characterization features are too weak.

There are few optimal builds. Players who min max converge toward the same style.
Worse, builds are precast: you cant start with any candidate and turn it into a suitable brother by adapting a playstyle to his qualities.

It does not work that way, you do not build the group as the summation of all members.

On the contrary, you fish (blindly) for candidates that meet ideal conditions to satisfy an archetype.
That is why you are forced to go around hiring people without knowing stats in advance. If the knowlege was available, people would only hire the proper candidates.

Players are forced in blind pick, you must crack a lot of nuts before finding the good pick. BB is very far from a product in which you could assemble a variety of bands, based on candidates of all sorts.

In BB, there is one shoe and only a few candidates fill the shoe.

At least, warbanners seems honest about that: they give no name to characters, they are just called swordsman, priest, minotaur. BB same, two handers, archers etc

No story material distinction between members.

You can make an end game. Try and destroy the Black Monolith. Good luck with that. Also, you can try and get thru all 3 end game events, in one iron man play thru, without getting most the cities destroyed.

Experienced players do that. It is possible to get ahead of the curve.
There is an end game for players who do not know how to play or do not wish to play.

For others, there is not.

Holy Chien triple-post, Batman!

That stuff with real/fake has been iincreasingly trending up to meet the demand issued by the instutionalization of double standard: when you start by claiming freedom as human condition and yet strive on slavery, either you admit something does not go as intended or you find out ways to weasel out like a distinction between freedom and freedom, human beings and human beings.

Streamers are players.
There is nothing like players who just watch streams. They are watchers,viewers etc.

BB streamers have reached a level of play in BB people on this site do not display.
They know the product way better than people on this site. They are a great source to learn about BB, which allows not to fall for assertions like BB mechanics are solid.

BBBZZZZZZT does not compute...

I also couldn't get back into it for the DLC. I played over 300 hours already, think I'm just done.
Maybe a small chance they release mod tools because they also said no DLC.
There's zero chance of mod tools because the underlying architecture doesn't allow for it.

Now that their base system is fully developed, perhaps they'll expand it into a strategy cRPG? One can hope…
They're already working on their next game and it's not an expansion of BB.

Back
Top Bottom