|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - Now on GOG

Default Gothic 3 - Now on GOG

December 7th, 2011, 16:17
Lol, that description almost makes me want to get completely drunk (or worse ) and play FG!

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 16:55
The bad reviews of Forsaken God reflect that fact that it was NOT written/developed by PB.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 17:38
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Most of the game is composed of stupid fetch/kill quests not fit for the hero of Myrtana. "I can't sleep because a crazy birdman comes onto my shed roof at night and spreads birdseed on it which attracts birds…please kill him". Nameless: "Such crazy birdmen are not fit to live in the new united Myrtana! He must die." Something like that anyway.
The crazy birdman quest was in the original Gothic 3, not Forsaken Gods. I know this because I've not played Forsaken Gods and I distinctly remember the WTF moments of that questline.

That being said, I also agree that Gothic 3 is a beautiful engrossing mess that I love. One of my favorite games ever despite its MANY glaring flaws. It just oozes personality and fun.

regomar

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 17:38
Haven't played previous gothic games so had nothing to complain about when I played it, a good game I can say as I enjoyed it and didn't found a bug to alter my fun time playing it.

Igor

Watchdog

December 7th, 2011, 17:52
Never played forsaken gods so can't comment it.
G3 however was released too early and we all hated JoWood for that, but it would be a lie if I said it's a disaster. It's still a good game, just make sure you patch it.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 17:55
I really, really liked Gothic 2 and was terribly disappointed with Gothic 3 both originally and after all the supposed "miracle" patches. After finishing it twice I'm still not quite sure what the story was or what the point of doing most of the game was other than depopulating the world of all animals. And they senselessly ruined the quirky but ultimately great combat from the earlier games. Argh!

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 7th, 2011, 18:01
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
After finishing it twice I'm still not quite sure what the story was or what the point of doing most of the game was other than depopulating the world of all animals. And they senselessly ruined the quirky but ultimately great combat from the earlier games. Argh!
How could you possibly have played the game through and not know what the storyline is? I mean, did you somehow manage to miss the three factions, the war between the orcs and the humans, choosing sides and either working for the orcs to dominate the land or working with the rebels to liberate the cities? And that was just one of many well-done storylines not even touching the various quests in the northern area.

regomar

Watcher

December 7th, 2011, 18:16
Well I purchased G3 from GoG and applied comminity patch 1.74. I have a question for people who have played with v1.74 installed…

Should I play the game with Alternative Balancing and/or Alternative AI?
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 7th, 2011, 18:23
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Well I purchased G3 from GoG and applied comminity patch 1.74. I have a question for people who have played with v1.74 installed…

There is a whole manual (pdf) that comes with the patch that explains the details of these balances. You will find it in the gothic installed folder on your hard drive. I have only tried Alternative AI and it made the combat more challanging as the opponents block your strikes more and counter attack more efficiently. I turned it off in my first play through as I wanted to experience the game as the developers intended. So if you are not keen on combat, I would suggest to not to use Alternative AI.

As for Alternative Balancing, I have not used it but as I said it is explained in detail in the manual.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

December 7th, 2011, 18:24

I also forgot to add that GoG will soon (I think this weekend) will be making a 50% discount on all their titles!

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

December 7th, 2011, 19:06

I'm playing with both enabled, and liked it that way. But since it's the only way I tried I can't compare.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 19:58
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
I also forgot to add that GoG will soon (I think this weekend) will be making a 50% discount on all their titles!
If this is true then seriously, unless you already have it, there is no excuse not to buy G3.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

December 7th, 2011, 21:05
Originally Posted by regomar
The crazy birdman quest was in the original Gothic 3, not Forsaken Gods. I know this because I've not played Forsaken Gods and I distinctly remember the WTF moments of that questline.
Not so. Having played through the trainwreck of FG twice I know it is in that game.

See p16 of this walkthrough:

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file…2_00_v2_00.pdf

coaster

Utarg of Utarg
Original Sin Donor

December 7th, 2011, 21:36
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
If this is true then seriously, unless you already have it, there is no excuse not to buy G3.
Here is the link:

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s…re_almost_here

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - Now on GOG