HOMM III HD - Arrives in January

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Heroes of Might and Magic III is getting the HD treatment, along with Steamworks support for online multiplayer. You'll be able to play in January.

LgylcIYCAqPV.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Heroes of Might and Magic III was originally released in 1999 to wide acclaim. According to Ubisoft, it is in fact the most popular turn-based strategy game in the HOMM franchise. And why would it say such a thing? Because it's putting together a high-definition version for release early next year.

Heroes of Might and Magic III HD will remain "faithful" to the original, with seven campaign scenarios, 48 skirmish maps, a map editor, local multiplayer, and a Steamworks-powered online multiplayer lobby. But it will look a whole lot better too, with upgraded graphics supporting higher resolutions and widescreen monitors.

"Community is at the core of the Might and Magic series, and we wanted to thank their everlasting support by bringing back the epic tale of Queen Catherine Ironfist," Might and Magic Creative Director Erwan le Breton said in a statement. "We wanted to keep the heart of what made Heroes III one of the most renowned titles of the series, while providing an enhanced visual experience and offering the possibility to also play the game on tablets."

Based on the description, it looks like the HD release will only include the original game, and not the Armageddon's Blade or Shadow of Death expansions. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD is scheduled for launch on January 29, 2015. Find out more at might-and-magic.ubi.com.
Original article.

Official website.

More information.

I tried all of the HoMM games and yes, this one still remains the best one.

Hey my favorite game revisited, can't complain there. Hopefully the content from it's expansions becomes included.

In January? In a month?
Um... If this happened a year ago it'd be instabuy from me. But now I have so many games I haven't even touched yet! There is no way I could possibly squeeze it somewhere before next summer.

Trust me, I won't.

Hopefully the content from it's expansions becomes included.

Probably not, from the Heroes website:

"But why only RoE? To understand the origin of the project and its development we need to go back to 2003. At that time we asked New World Computing to retrieve their archives for all the Might & Magic titles. We found tons of documentation and data but regarding Heroes III we had nothing but the usable source code of Heroes III Restoration of Erathia."

Too bad.

Hey my favorite game revisited, can't complain there. Hopefully the content from it's expansions becomes included.

V had slightly better gameplay and II had better art and music.

It's such important news.. that we had to cover it twice!
:p

It's such important news.. that we had to cover it twice!
:p

Sorry, Killias. I think that's one reason Couch always got on news editors to keep the tagline as short as possible - valuable info can get lost in the shuffle.

Still, that's my bad. I apologize.

Sorry, Killias. I think that's one reason Couch always got on news editors to keep the tagline as short as possible - valuable info can get lost in the shuffle.

Still, that's my bad. I apologize.

I will take it twice Aubrielle :lol:
You are holding the flame high while couch is out, Keep that light burning!
We really appreciate the news and you are doing great.

Benetar

I will take it twice Aubrielle :lol:
You are holding the flame high while couch is out, Keep that light burning!
We really appreciate the news and you are doing great.

Benetar

*curtsies deeply*

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom