Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - New Free DLC on November 16

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The DLC White Lion and Black Witch will be released on November 16 - as always the devs apologize for way too much - this is one of the best games of 2020:

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter dev team.

First of all, we would like to thank you all for enjoying our game.

Today, we would like to announce the situation of the dev team ask for your understanding.

Last summer, the dev team tried to focus on developing the game, but the result was far from what we have planned. As a result, Troubleshooter has not had an update for about two months. However, we are planning to update our first DLC Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - White Lion and Black Witch on November 16, P.M 11(GMT + 9).

We are going to release the DLC for free hence there will be no extra charges. We originally planned for Bianca and Alisa to join Albus in the main episode, but due to the development schedule, we were unable to do so. White Lion and Black Witch is a story about Bianca and Alisa. The episode will be playable after you finish the main episode: Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

1. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - White Lion and Black Witch DLC update schedule

We have been planning to release the DLC earlier but have kept you waiting for a long time due to our lack of ability. We are deeply sorry about that. Currently, we have completed the base work, but we still have scenario missions and translations to do.

For the above reason, on November 16, we will be going to update the first mission of DLC, which will be a story about how Bianca and Alisa join Albus. After then, for every one to two weeks, we will be going to update the scenario mission. There will be a total of 8 scenario missions and one violent case.
We understand that you have been waiting for an update for a long time. The dev team has failed to meet the deadline. We are deeply sorry about it. However, we thought releasing playable content that is not fully prepared is the worst choice we can make. The dev team concluded to choose quality over quantity.

After we finish updating the DLC, new illustrations and BGM will be updated to the art book and the soundtrack.

We apologize for the inconvenience we brought despite all your support.

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - White Lion and Black Witch DLC content guide
- 9 scenario missions (Last scenario mission of chapter 6 + all scenario missions of chapter 7)
- 1 violent case
- Level 50 items
- New mastery and systems

2. Troubleshooter: Banished Children update schedule

There is no project running at the moment. Thanks to your support, we have been able to develop our Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children this year. However, developing Troubleshooter: Banished Children will take at least a year, judging by the dev team's capability.

For us, a year is a very long time. There are too many factors to consider; including the fact that we might not be able to maintain the dev team. Therefore, we cannot promise you when we will start the project. To resolve anxiety factors, we are going to mainly focus on improving Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. We are going to improve the content and add more quests and additional elements to make the game richer.

We are sorry to let you down with the news. We will find a way to start the project Troubleshooter: Banished Children as soon as we finish updating the DLC.

3. About online content

The dev team was planning to make Troubleshooter an online game with a short story. However, going through early access, a lot of you wanted us to work on the level of completion of the game as a single play game. The dev team agreed on the idea and thus worked on improving the quality. This, however, turned out to be the reason for the failure of the dev team to provide the majority of the promised online content.

On one thought, we thought of giving up the online content. However, we believe that co-op and PVP can provide extra playable content to those who have completed the game. Therefore, we are going to work on the online part when we have the time and capacity to do it. Nonetheless, we are going to primarily focus on the DLC and online content will come after we finish updating the DLC.

We apologize to those who had been waiting for the online content.

Thank you very much.
Thanks Zloth!

More information.

as always the devs apologize for way too much - this is one of the best games of 2020/
Well someones still showing his bias for this game.:p

I'm starting a boycott HiddenX campaign as news-editor of RPGWatch.

Nah just kidding guys/gals. Moving on.:movingon:

I've not played this but it's on my wishlist and I think it looks pretty cool - so extra points to HiddenX for posting this. =)

For the above reason, on November 16, we will be going to update the first mission of DLC, which will be a story about how Bianca and Alisa join Albus. After then, for every one to two weeks, we will be going to update the scenario mission. There will be a total of 8 scenario missions and one violent case.
Very good!
For us, a year is a very long time. There are too many factors to consider; including the fact that we might not be able to maintain the dev team. Therefore, we cannot promise you when we will start the project. To resolve anxiety factors, we are going to mainly focus on improving Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. We are going to improve the content and add more quests and additional elements to make the game richer.
Very not good! This game is TOO rich already! There's certainly some bugs that could use squashing but there aren't that many and what is there isn't that big of a deal. The game has so many systems that its learning curve is starting to turn into a cliff. (Note: they added synergies between characters about a month ago.) Even if you set all the animations to super-speed, the game is probably pushing 100 hours depending on how much you obsess about masteries and builds. I really don't see how working on the game more is going to bring in more revenue. Giving away the DLC isn't going to help, either.

Folks on the Steam board are pushing for Kickstarters and some paid DLC just so we can have a way to throw money at them.

Very good!
Folks on the Steam board are pushing for Kickstarters and some paid DLC just so we can have a way to throw money at them.

If they haven't heard of Patreon at this point they're morons and shouldn't be helped..

If they haven't heard of Patreon at this point they're morons and shouldn't be helped..
Well theirs Go fund Me, Indie GoGo, PayPal, Buy Me a Coffee and many other options. So if this game has many fans as some claim it would help support the developer.

So I agree with the moron part.:nod:

They're based in South Korea. Not sure if they have as many options for crowdfunding.

I read many good words about this game here, bought it and after 50 hours playtime i need to thank you for good recommendation, excellent game in my opinion!

Well someones still showing his bias for this game.:p

I'm starting a boycott HiddenX campaign as news-editor of RPGWatch.

Nah just kidding guys/gals. Moving on.:movingon:
IIRC it was not him but me who posted first that this game is absolutely amazing (after someone wrote they were betatesting it's early access and recommended buying for oddly low price).
And of course, it's a best kept gaming secret in 2020 as no mainstream media wrote a single letter about it because devs don't have $200 millions to waste on marketing in RDR2 boredom style.
As things stand now, it'll most probably have my goty vote. Among all games so far in this year, Troubleshooter got me hooked into it's character building systems the most.

Two peas in a pod and lets add Genshin Impact as well.;)

Joxer I'm starting to doubt your tastes in games.:lol:

This game is great, but as I have only limited time to play games this last few years it has been troublesome for me to grind and play long missions.
Because of it I didn't play it for last few months, but still have it on my disk and I hope I will have time and willingness to continue once in near future.

Two peas in a pod and lets add Genshin Impact as well.;)

Joxer I'm starting to doubt your tastes in games.:lol:
Eh?
Genshin Impact is a a product complete opposite to Troubleshooter. Uses many horrible RPG designs ever. Not just endless and minfless grind but quest locked at certain hour during nighttime for example.

Don't put these two in the same box. I can post about hints and stuff in Genshin Impact, but I'd never recommend it from heart to everyone.

GotY from me for sure, since there's no chance I'll be playing Cyberpunk in time for voting. It's the most fun game this year for me of any genre.
I read many good words about this game here, bought it and after 50 hours playtime i need to thank you for good recommendation, excellent game in my opinion!
Ah, so you've finished most of the tutorial! ;)

Back
Top Bottom