VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Announced

Never played the first one since I don’t like vampires,but I’ve never heard anything but praise for the game so maybe one day ill try them despite my dislike of vampires.

Rik Schaffer, Bloodlines 1 composer, confirmed to Outstar he did one hour of music for Bloodlines 2 and he is the main composer for the game.

The first game is one of my favorites of all time. I've played through the entire thing probably 6 or 7 times throughout the years. If you've never played it I strongly suggest a play through. The game has great replay value due to the choices you can make. I'd been following the teasers and was ecstatic when I saw the sequel announced last night.

Am I the only one who isn't overly excited with this announcement? :) I'm hoping it will turn out to be an excellent game but right now my reaction is "Oh. Cool, I guess?"

Vampire The Masquerade was amazing!! Bloodlines 1? Meh.. haven't played it yet. Oh, 2 is here already? Seeing this video, WHO T/F Cares?????

I was expecting an announcement for this would drop at some point. Here's hoping it will be a good successor!

If I hear anything about Lacuna Coil returning to provide music for this follow-up, I'll be giddy beyond belief. The thought of actually enjoying sound and music within a game is still rather novel to me!

Not a lot to go on in terms of game-play, but might be something to sink my teeth into.
Not long to wait really, this time next year.:biggrin:

If I hear anything about Lacuna Coil returning to provide music for this follow-up, I'll be giddy beyond belief. The thought of actually enjoying sound and music within a game is still rather novel to me!
Don't forget TIAMAT they contributed a few songs also.:thumbsup:

Indeed, Tiamat is well worth listening to as well. I think they've been around since the late eighties or so, and if nothing else, even if the music isn't exactly to your liking, you must respect that name!!

Already bestseller on Steam, says JS in one of his "OMG hype" coverages:

Still. I'm not preordering.

I used to pre-order a lot back in the day, but with daily patches for the first several months and staggered content, I've become more comfortable with just waiting for the finished product. I'll likely take that approach with this title, other than kick starting some projects I think the last game I pre-ordered might have been Final Fantasy Seven.

Bloodlines is one of my favourite games ever. First and only game that made you feel like a vampire.
Also the atmosphere! The music clubs! The thralls! The Beach House! The Ocean House Hotel!

Because of nostalgia and some faith in Paradox I per-ordered (which I rarely do). Don't fuck this up, Paradox!

I used to pre-order a lot back in the day, but with daily patches for the first several months and staggered content, I've become more comfortable with just waiting for the finished product. I'll likely take that approach with this title,

You are going to wait for 10+ years for it. This is Paradox, they are still making content/features DLCs for games released in 2012 (made by their studios, but they own 33% of Hardsuit Labs since last year so it probably count too).

They focus on repayable games, not "play once and throw in the garbage bin".

You know, that video had no gameplay and there's like hardly any info out on this :lol:

Sometimes trying to calm the mob can enrage the mob even further. Sometimes it's best just to let them work it all out their system and re-engage at a later date. Just pretend it's a kickstarter campaign or something. If there is a niche that's been ignored even more than regular fantasy, it is vampires, and those vampires can be quite tetchy individuals when they are awoken from their slumber:

Severe or "bloodlusting" blood vampires experience the most critical and physical blood cravings. They report a need for larger amounts of blood than most blood vampires or psi-blood feeders consume at one time, and require it more often. Moderate or "blood-craving" blood vampires are satisfied with smaller amounts of blood from "donors" and do not experience the same intensity of withdrawal symptoms, or inner compulsion as severe blood vampires. They may be satisfied for far longer periods of time with various substitutes, and their need for blood may be more intertwined with complex emotional and sexual feelings.

Already bestseller on Steam, says JS in one of his "OMG hype" coverages
So is Jim still in his I hate steam agenda phase.:p
You are going to wait for 10+ years for it. This is Paradox, they are still making content/features DLCs for games released in 2012 (made by their studios, but they own 33% of Hardsuit Labs since last year so it probably count too).

They focus on repayable games, not "play once and throw in the garbage bin".
Yep based on the live stream they intend to make the game last for years. One big factor will be allowing modding on day one with plenty of future DLC. Just like Crusader Kings 2.

I'm not as excited as some are, but didn't play the first game. So this is an "ok, we'll see" type game to me. I'm wary that they may be putting in too much PC (political correctness) junk into the game, as already commented. That would suck. Hopefully they decide to make the game less political and more about having fun and letting players be as "naughty" as they want to be.

You would think a game with vampires would allow them to be evil and so on. Vampires are not exactly known as having morals and qualms about what they do. That said, sure, put in the sexuality thing, that actually fits the genre. You can put in the trans-vampire and the gay vampires and all that, at least it fits, because vampires are known to be sexually experimental and all over the place in the fantasy literature.

Interesting thing to note, VtM:B is actually how I discovered Tiamat all those years ago. I used to listen to them pretty consistently. Seeing that name definitely took me back.
It was the same with Deus Ex: Invisible War for me. At least I can say that game had a good soundtrack if nothing else. VtM:B had a few other well known bands as well.

So is Jim still in his I hate steam agenda phase.:p
Yep based on the live stream they intend to make the game last for years. One big factor will be allowing modding on day one with plenty of future DLC. Just like Crusader Kings 2.
Modding on day one? That's cool! I am however a little skeptical about lots of dlc for a story focused game. It is story focused, right?

Back
Top Bottom