VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Ray Tracing, DLSS & Mods

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 will support real-time ray tracing, DLSS and mods.

Paradox Interactive has revealed, via a press release, that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will support both real-time ray tracing and Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS). Furthermore, and like its predecessor, Bloodlines 2 will officially support mods.

[...]
More information.

Raytraced blood, can't wait. :)

I'd love to finally see some realistic fog and smoke in games though. Would enhance a darker game like bloodlines. Maybe now it is possible. Did any of the released demos showed such a thing?

Did any of the released demos showed such a thing?

None that we could see, all real gameplay was restricted to the press and some lucky people.

Going by something on the official website, their marketing plans seems to be to "reveal" something every months until release. I'm expecting public gameplay around E3 or Gamescom. PAX East seems a bit too soon to me (it's March 28-31).

Very cool. I am looking forward to this game so far. I enjoyed the other two (well the first one to me being the one with Christof). Want to see some game play soon though.

I just bought the game on steam, god help me I am a sucker for this kind of thing, and will now do my best to forget about it for the next few years…Cyberpunk 2077 will probably help.

"like its predecessor, Bloodlines 2 will officially support mods."

there was no official support for mods for Bloodlines 1, it was the community who created the tools to mod it.
Very good that it will have mod support though, i hope it's not just talk and that an actual official editor will be available.

"like its predecessor, Bloodlines 2 will officially support mods."

there was no official support for mods for Bloodlines 1, it was the community who created the tools to mod it.
Very good that it will have mod support though, i hope it's not just talk and that an actual official editor will be available.

mod support =/= modding tools

Saying that, Bloodlines 2 is using Unreal 4 and while they might provide a custom version of the editor, they don't really need to. Modding Unreal 4 games with the normal Unreal 4 editor (it's free) is officially supported and documented by Epic in the official wiki.

mod support =/= modding tools

Saying that, Bloodlines 2 is using Unreal 4 and while they might provide a custom version of the editor, they don't really need to. Modding Unreal 4 games with the normal Unreal 4 editor (it's free) is officially supported and documented by Epic in the official wiki.
The Mass Effect games used Unreal 3 it was not user friendly installing mods, but yes they can be made. Still I hope Pardox releases tools or Unreal 4 is more moddable.

Still I hope Pardox releases tools or Unreal 4 is more moddable.

Like I said, Unreal 4 engine officially support modding via its editor, modding has an official forum and official wiki and developers can make a custom editor out of it (ARK: Survival Evolved as one for example).

Back
Top Bottom