Fallout Fallout Forum?

Yeah, FO3 is a very average game out of the box, and the rate at which you level up and the overall lack of difficulty is a major reason why.

That's why I feel sorry for people who played it on a console or played the PC version unmodded. It's a game where the right mods are truly necessary to experience its potential.

It was easily a 9/10 for me with the combination of mods and tweaks I used. Without those changes, I can't imagine it being much better than a 6. I can't think of another game where mods can make such a significant difference. Perhaps Oblivion, but I haven't played that enough to really know.

Play the Nehrim mod for Oblivion, much better game.

Yeah, FO3 is a very average game out of the box, and the rate at which you level up and the overall lack of difficulty is a major reason why.

That's why I feel sorry for people who played it on a console or played the PC version unmodded. It's a game where the right mods are truly necessary to experience its potential.

Never tried any FO3 mods before, what would you recommend? Enjoyed the hell out of FO3 vanilla, certainly wouldn't consider it to be "average," it's one of my favorite games. I heard that FO3 was referred to as "Oblivion with guns," so that led to trying Oblivion and eventually learning how to install mods and making my own. Might go back and play FO3 again soon, I think I'd install some hunger and thirst mods, perhaps something that adds crafting features and makes combat a bit more challenging.

Never tried any FO3 mods before, what would you recommend? Enjoyed the hell out of FO3 vanilla, certainly wouldn't consider it to be "average," it's one of my favorite games. I heard that FO3 was referred to as "Oblivion with guns," so that led to trying Oblivion and eventually learning how to install mods and making my own. Might go back and play FO3 again soon, I think I'd install some hunger and thirst mods, perhaps something that adds crafting features and makes combat a bit more challenging.

Here's a link to an old post that lists most of the mods I used.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061094706&postcount=4

I don't think you are going to find a whole lot of people around here that agree Fallout 3 is better. Personally, I thought New Vegas was much better. Much more choice/consequence and impact on the world.

Played both and found FNV to be a much more interesting game then FO3, although I enjoyed both. However I finished FNV but never did FO3 ... Which pretty much says it all for me.

Back
Top Bottom