Any new info / rumors regarding potential D&D-based CRPG?

Sorry my good man, anyone who can't see the genius of Hordes of the Underdark is dead to me and should be flayed alive over hot coals ;) :lol: :slap:

I never played Hordes of the Underdark. I usually enjoy lower and mid lvl D&D more. Maybe I will try it since GoG gave me Neverwinter Nights for free. I usually just end up playing player made modules.

I'm like the Drow. Being flayed sounds kinda kinky :blush: :devilish:

Knights of the Chalice is pretty damn good. Any future dungeons and dragons game that is turn based will be measured against Knights, and I'd be surprised if they'd be as good. I have high hopes for the second Knights game, should it ever be completed.

As long as I'm casting my unlimited wish® spell, I'd say if they're going to make another D&D CRPG, make it in a non-Forgotten Realms setting. I'd love to see another Dark Sun game… Not sure if that's even a thing in the latest D&D editions… But at the very least it'd be nice to have it in a lesser used part of Faerun. I could do without cameos Drizzt, Elminster, et al. too.

I couldn't agree more. The Forgotten Realms setting is fine, but it was great when D&D games were being produced for the other settings as well. My own unlimited wish spell would be for another Dragonlance game… the lore was great, as were some of the changes to standard rules (eg magic users powers waxing and waning with the moons, subject to their alignment). Also, Ravenloft and Dark Sun get a thumbs up from me. I read somewhere else on the forum that the 5e stuff is all in the Forgotten Realms though, and therefore future licensed games will have to be as well.

Knights of the Chalice is indeed awesome and I'm looking forward to part 2. I drop in on the website occasionally and its sounding pretty damn good if you can get on with the graphic changes. But quite a lot of it feels a little bit unnecessary to be honest - I think folk that liked the first one would have just thrown money at the guy to add in a few new classes and updates and just continue developing new modules in the same engine. It was great.

Back
Top Bottom