AgoniaLands - Game bringing back the emotions from UO Pre Tram

GrahfXeno

Traveler
I have played a lot of MMOs over the years. Ultima Online pre Tram was the one I enjoyed the most. I found a browser based MMO which gives some of those same Pre Tram emotions. PVP with loot drops, faction wars, Valued crafters, town/world building, etc.

Although the game is quite different in ways, its a browser game not an isometric desktop game, it is the same in the important parts and the emotions it generates while playing. You know a game is good when your hands are shaking after a big pvp raid and you're trying to get out of the enemy lands alive with some good loot.

www.agonialands.com

1. Actually Free - No cash shop or subscription at all, devs volunteer their time because they love the game.
  2. Faction Wars - There is a constant faction battle across the world which keeps things interesting. Players can choose any faction they want even if they are not your race's home faction.
  3. PVP with loot drops - You drop your loot when you die. You can restock gear from your town, get revenge, and get your gear back though. Dieing isn’t the end of the world. Pvp is possible in groups and solo. I have had quite a few great solo pvp raids. Coordinated group raids can be fun too and safer of course, however then you have to split the loot with your friends.
  4. World terraforming - Players can build roads, forts, towns, and bridges. They can also tear down mountains and trees to make room for building and alter the monster spawns in those areas as well.
  5. Rare world mobs - Rare monsters with good loot randomly spawn and move around the map until they die.
  6. Large rare world bosses - Dragon fights with 40+ players, often leading into massive pvp battles as they tend to spawn in the contested areas between factions and give a ton of loot.
  7. Valued Crafters - All gear is crafted so crafters are heavily valued. Brings back memories of standing in line for the blacksmith at the Britain smithy.
  8. Useful loot - Loot contains ingredients (common or rare) for crafts and enhancement items you add onto your gear. All loot has a use, no junk items like in many games.
  9. Skill based progression - Weapon, crafting, and other general skills can be trained by use with no restrictions.
  10. Player chosen stat increases - You get to choose your stat increases, all skill gains give evo points which you use to increase any stat you want.
  11. Races have differences - Races are important and effect how expensive each stat is and how much it costs to move across different terrain types (plains, snow, desert, etc.).

Make sure to check out the discord (link in game) as guilds and factions coordinate a lot of pvp, trading, world terraforming, etc. there.

Back
Top Bottom