Solasta ramblings

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
So, picked this up on sale and am playing the prologue. One thing I really dislike is if you get caught, the game just ends rather than letting you fight the battle out. Even if I have no chance, I want to try to win via combat, rather than the game just reloading if I fail a save. Really stupid design, imo. Hope it doesn't do this outside of the tutorial.

I just rolled one character to begin with, just to feel things out. I think the voice acting is pretty well done for a game still in early access. I made a dwarven paladin and he acted in character considering the choices I made. I don't care for the fighter chick so I will be re-rolling a full party before I go further. I got sworn in and leveled up once and now I will restart. Hopefully, I can stop myself from trying to roll the absolute bestest party in the world and just play the game. That can be an issue for me ;)

Only crpgnut would start complaining 5 minutes into a game. ;)

Hey! It was 11 minutes. I read all the text :D I rolled a standard party and I'm really enjoying the combat so far. Attacks of opportunity, 5' steps, dash, etc. All the goodies seem to be in here. My only complaint with my rolled party is that I picked a girl and she has a teenage male's voice. She didn't sound like that in the voice sample. Maybe she roided up, she is a cleric with like 17 Strength.

Failing to use stealth in the stealth tutorial makes you repeat the lesson until you succeed?

"really stupid design, imo."

Sounds like one of those crafty computer errors that exists between the keyboard and the chair. :p

Hey! It was 11 minutes. I read all the text :D I rolled a standard party and I'm really enjoying the combat so far. Attacks of opportunity, 5' steps, dash, etc. All the goodies seem to be in here. My only complaint with my rolled party is that I picked a girl and she has a teenage male's voice. She didn't sound like that in the voice sample. Maybe she roided up, she is a cleric with like 17 Strength.
Yeah, most voices are fine, but there are still a few surprises. But was she a dwarf? :D

I think she was, @Redglyph;!

I'm not a big fan of the dungeon design. All of the dungeons have been pretty small but you have to backtrack all the time moving blocks and walls, etc. It doesn't have any challenge, it's just tedious. There are 4-5 fights in each area, but it takes a long time to get to the "meat" of the dungeon.

All the dungeons I've seen so far were pretty good. One of the larger ones even reminded me of Durlag's Tower in some ways.

They did a good job of spreading things out in a way that it's challenging but not frustrating. You'll usually come upon a rest area just when you think you're at the point of having to turn back.

I've been messing around with the Dungeon Maker. It's pretty easy to use and I can't wait till they add the rest of it. Can only make dungeons right now but campaign tools should be added soon. I have a feeling there is going to be some great user content.

Yeah good question, I'm curious too.

The Dungeon Maker made me realize the floor could not be sloped in this game. They can only build stair-like ground, surely a limitation of how they represent the maps, but not a limitation of Unity since other games don't have this limitation (Pathfinder or Encased, for example). Not a big deal though, the game is very "board-like" so it adds to the feeling.

@Hastar; You've already finished the campaign, right? How long did your playthrough take?

44.6 hours. Hurried through the first chapter, already did it once. Also, didn't do all the side quests. About half of them.

They need to fix a memory leak they know about. Has been 2 patches since I completed the game last week so maybe it's fixed. It has to do with the Paladin's Aura and other aura spells being up at the same time. Really slows down combat sometimes towards the end.

44.6 hours. Hurried through the first chapter, already did it once. Also, didn't do all the side quests. About half of them.

Nice...that's longer than I was expecting especially if you only did half the sidequests.

Did you skip that many because of the level cap, or were the sidequests just not very interesting?

Back
Top Bottom