CD Projekt RED - Hiring for New Open World Game

With the Witcher Netflix series being a smash hit (with at least 2 more seasons on order), it really almost has to be another game. Anything Witcher is peaking now and at least for the next several years, unless Henry Cavill pulls out for whatever reason.

At a guess everyone will say Witcher. I'm thinking they might be developing a Conan game in collaboration with Funcom, which secured all the rights recently for Conan games. It would not be so different from developing a Witcher game and the license does not have any AAA product behind it and its crying out for some. Plus they may need Funcom money as fixing up Cyberpunk at the moment, plus the impending lawsuit from investors will cost them lots of money.

At a guess everyone will say Witcher. I'm thinking they might be developing a Conan game in collaboration with Funcom, which secured all the rights recently for Conan games. It would not be so different from developing a Witcher game and the license does not have any AAA product behind it and its crying out for some. Plus they may need Funcom money as fixing up Cyberpunk at the moment, plus the impending lawsuit from investors will cost them lots of money.

A Conan game could actually be really cool.

Nah Funcom does not support SP versions of any of their IP's nowadays. Still I wouldn't mind a Conan SP RPG as no developer has made a good one in decades.

I'll raise the bar and say Funcom will license the Dune Ip to CDPR.:lol:

(It's a pipe dream though just like Conan.)

Nah Funcom does not support SP versions of any of their IP's nowadays. Still I wouldn't mind a Conan SP RPG as no developer has made a good one in decades.

I'll raise the bar and say Funcom will license the Dune Ip to CDPR.:lol:

(It's a pipe dream though just like Conan.)

Interesting. I didn't realise they had the Dune license.

There is Conan Exiles but it requires you to play on your own private server, and it's not a true RPG but a survival game. Wonder why no one has made a proper Conan RPG?

The series itself is meant for a mature audience, and combined with CDPRs writing and use of sexual scenes, I firmly believe they would be a good pick for the IP.
Interesting. I didn't realise they had the Dune license.
It was announced over two years back they bought rights to the IP, but haven't seen any new games yet. Funcom claimed they had three games in development though.

Link - https://massivelyop.com/2020/01/27/...coms-dune-will-be-a-survival-game-not-an-mmo/

I’d prefer another Dune realtime strategy game instead of another survival online game.

Mhm ... how bout "Ghost of Conan". The main player is a descendant of Conan, who himself accompanies the player throughout the whole game as a ghost. Voiced by and modeled after Kea… errm Arnold Schwarzenegger.

They would be fools not to do another Witcher game.

The Witcher 4 - it will sell like hotcakes.

They would be fools not to do another Witcher game.

The Witcher 4 - it will sell like hotcakes.
Agree but are you sure after Cyberpunk 2077's botched release? I'm just saying this given the comments on the internet every-time CDPR does a developer live stream.

Then again that's probably just the loud vocal minority as usual online.o_O

Agree but are you sure after Cyberpunk 2077's botched release?
I'm sure. In some years the CP77 release will be an old hat noone will actually talk about besides some nerds like us.
The hype ist stronger.

I wasn't talking to you but thanks for responding.:p

Anyway I'm sure I'll buy it myself as well.

I'm sure. In some years the CP77 release will be an old hat noone will actually talk about besides some nerds like us.
The hype ist stronger.

I doubt about that, a lot.

Witcher I was an average-goodish game, Witcher II was a console oriented boring game and CP2077 was a massively hyped, look we got a 'star' kind of game they barely can sell now even if it's still very much in the news all the time.

Witcher III looks like a 'mistake', an awesome error in a landscape of really average production. A game I really love and plan to play again. And a game which is more played than CP2077 today on Steam, 6 years after its launch.

Still a new game is a 5-10 years wait. CP2077 is supposed to be the feeding cow and 10 months after the launch they are still talking about 'it gets better, less crashes'.
Not sure the right number of people will buy any DLC for a game most have already uninstalled.

Before talking about new game in 5-10 years, let's talk about survival here.

Witcher I was an average-goodish game, Witcher II was a console oriented boring game and CP2077 was a massively hyped, look we got a 'star' kind of game they barely can sell now even if it's still very much in the news all the time.

Witcher III looks like a 'mistake', an awesome error in a landscape of really average production. A game I really love and plan to play again. And a game which is more played than CP2077 today on Steam, 6 years after its launch.

I think the first two Witcher games are well above average. I even like some aspects of those games more than TW3. The third game tends to get overrated a little bit imo. I still think it's a great game, but it's not quite as good as the ridiculously high scores it received.

I also think CP 2077 is still a good game despite the disappointments.

I think the first two Witcher games are well above average. I even like some aspects of those games more than TW3. The third game tends to get overrated a little bit imo. I still think it's a great game, but it's not quite as good as the ridiculously high scores it received.

I also think CP 2077 is still a good game despite the disappointments.

I will certainly don't judge personal tastes on games, books or music.

Now, if we talk about numbers you are not in the majority for those games. And a company the size of CDPR who has opened itself to external investors needs those numbers.

Now, if we talk about numbers you are not in the majority for those games. And a company the size of CDPR who has opened itself to external investors needs those numbers.

Actually, I am in the majority. You might want to take a better look at those games in regards to their popularity.

I say popularity because I don't pretend that review scores equal objective quality, but those games are quite popular.

What I'd love to see is a Witcher universe game where you choose from several different classes / backgrounds, e.g., Witcher, Sorceress, Scoia'tael, Knight of the Flaming Rose, etc. Each one would have a different starting point and unique sidequests. So sort of like Age of Decadence but on a much grander scale. This will definitely not be feasible (even getting two very different paths in Witcher 2 was surprising)… but a dude can dream.

What I'd love to see is a Witcher universe game where you choose from several different classes / backgrounds, e.g., Witcher, Sorceress, Scoia'tael, Knight of the Flaming Rose, etc. Each one would have a different starting point and unique sidequests. So sort of like Age of Decadence but on a much grander scale. This will definitely not be feasible (even getting two very different paths in Witcher 2 was surprising)… but a dude can dream.

I think it could be feasible, but they would have to cut back on some things significantly. Such a game obviously wouldn't be as long or heavily narrated as TW3.

Back
Top Bottom