The TV Series discussion thread

I watched the first episode of Foundation, simply because I enjoy Harris so much, yet it's not for me, and hardly recognizable from the books. Others might like it, I'll giving it a huge pass for now.

Bosch, series five is getting even better! I like how they're keeping some important details from earlier series relevant, this is how you tell a good, engrossing tale, and keep your audience intrigued. This is turning out to be one of the best police dramas I've viewed to date.

Ah yes, Bosch. I stopped at season 4. Not sure when we discussed that last time, I see season 7 was out in June. That could be my next show to catch up with.

I don't know if I'll continue watching Foundation further. I'll give it another chance with the next 2 episodes I think. It may just be a bad choice of story for a TV series. They can please the Asimov fans, or the non-fans who don't know the story, but both at the same time would be harder.

did the whole diversity thing
Thanks for input.
Me? Not gonna watch.
Foundation was never talking about Hollywood and here they made a show about Hollywood then slapped the name on it as a marketing bait.

To whatever scriptwriter who thinks disrespecting an author (any) is a good idea: fu.
Why are these idiots not banned from film industry?
No they are not visionaries, they're con artists, frauds and hack jobs.

Sadly Joxer, for the most part you are spot on, and it's why I tend to cringe first when I hear about telly shows or films being made off novels/comics that I enjoy. Some do turn out ok, yet for the most part, they are utter junk when you compare them to the source materials.

I was firmly against the changes Netflix did to the source material. Especially Triss as she was a redheaded sorceress, and Hollywood doesn't like casting real redheads.

Other actors don't fit either but I was surprised to enjoying watching it.

I'm watching Netflix's Midnight Mass mini-series and I'm loving it so far :)

What is it about?
Btw, I still didn't watch 3% seasons 3 and 4 although had a crush on several people in it. :(

What is it about?
Btw, I still didn't watch 3% seasons 3 and 4 although had a crush on several people in it. :(

It's a horror mini-series, with some drama as well. The actors' perfomances are quite good This series is directed by Mike Flanagan, from The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Sorry if my answer here is too short and generic (it's 12:30 a.m. here and I'm sleepy), I can only recommend you to watch the trailer.

Note: the word Mass in the series' title refers to that ceremony of Catholic Church we usually attend to on Sundays.

I am watching the History of Swear Words. It's mildly entertaining if you ignore Cage.

It has some interesting tidbits and some of the comedians are actually funny, but not all so it goes up and down with a few haha moments interspersed.

Farscape has really picked up with the second series, I'm happy I stuck with it. There were a couple times during the first series that I almost bailed, for various reasons, now I'm likely to finish it all. It makes for a great balance as I'm also re-watching Mr. Robot and series five of Bosch(for the first time, not re-watching). I like to have several completely different shows going on at once, it keeps things interesting for me.

I've been making my way through Malcolm in the Middle, an early 2000's American sitcom. I've seen a lot of these episodes, in the original run or in syndication, but it's been a good 10-20 years since I've seen them and it's a nice comfort food pick. It's a good overall show, and it's especially fun to see pre-Breaking Bad Brian Cranston playing the most anti-Walt role imaginable.

Farscape has really picked up with the second series, I'm happy I stuck with it. There were a couple times during the first series that I almost bailed, for various reasons, now I'm likely to finish it all. It makes for a great balance as I'm also re-watching Mr. Robot and series five of Bosch(for the first time, not re-watching). I like to have several completely different shows going on at once, it keeps things interesting for me.

By first/second 'series' do you mean seasons? Aside from the four seasons and The Peacekeeper Wars, I don't know of any reboots?

It was a terrific show. I, myself, only watched it after the fact, never really "getting it" when I saw the promos during its run (puppets? huh? Mystery Science Theater??), but it really grows on you once you get past that hurdle.

Ahhh yes, series/seasons, tis the same thing for me. And yeah, the MST vibe is really spot-on, it has just the right amount of camp with some adventure that works for me. I was questioning things early on, yet now it's almost riveting.

Anyone seen Squid Game, yet? I've been told it's pretty good.

Not at all for me.

I feel like the movie Battle Royale was the original that did this and then they've just made billions of these things that look slightly different each.

Will binge it next weekend and share impressions.

I've started watching the TV show Humans.
If that's the remake of Äkta människor, I suggest watching the original.
The remake is not bad, but not as brilliant as the original is.

Speaking of which I refused to watch the chinese remake which is btw being streamed for free at Tencent's platform.
I'll never understand remaking superb stuff that needs no remakes.
How about remaking garbage and making it watchable instead?

Back
Top Bottom