Encased - First Patch on Oct 14th

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Dark Crystal Games posted a small update to announce the first patch for Encased, with bug fixes but also improvements from the feedback they have received. They added a few tips as well.

New, upcoming and well forgotten!

1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest post-apocalyptic CRONUS weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

This week you'll learn when you can expect the first post-release patch, as well as a couple of mechanics that new players might not have noticed.

First patch

Employees, our team is working tirelessly on the technical state of the game.

Next week, on 14 October, you can expect the first post-release patch: it will fix the difficult bugs that required a lot of time to work on, as well as fix the texture quality degradation, improve the interface and add some other nice changes.

We have also been reading the feedback carefully and some of the changes were made thanks to you and your support.

By the way, did you know that in Encased you can hide dynamite in your enemy's pockets?

[...]
More information.

Finally, it has taken them a while. I stopped playing just in anticipation of a patch, and so I'm glad they will be releasing one soon. (wish it was today though, for playing on the weekend, lol)

It's not like I have encountered a lot of bugs, but more that I'm interested in what improvements/polish they will do on the game.

I just hope it wont force me to re-download the whole game on Galaxy again.

I'll probably wait a little bit until this patch too. I haven't encountered any bug other than the occasional cosmetic one, but I'm hoping they do something about those irritating announcement messages playing in loop at Magellan (they really must have taken that from Larian). If not, I'll have to dissect the bank files I guess.

I suppose it's one small pet peeve of mine. ;)

Nod, been behind this one since the kick starter, and I'm another loitering on the fringes until quite a few more updates/patches land. I'm extra keen for it!

I recently started this and I'm enjoying it. Good ol' classic TBS RPG.

Several of those eastern European life-always-sucks design elements though, like the food/hunger/fatigue is just a chore, there's no fun or challenge there, I would definitely play with an option that disables these elements.

It definitely could use another layer of polish. Some things would be super simple, like changing the font color to grey on empty containers when holding the alt key to see the 400 crates on the screen at any time that you should rummage through. I'm starting to get concerns over itemization as well, I haven't found a single better weapon yet and I'm picking up 100s of junk items that I assume I'll use for crafting eventually but I can't craft anything interesting so far, just ammo and drugs.
The combat camera and feedback could definitely use some work.

Also its driving me crazy I can't set a camera or movement point from the map screen as there's a lot of camera panning to walk around the maps back and forth.

There are still some rough edges, indeed. I could not figure out if the excessive loot was a caricature of Fallout 3 or not, I suppose the logic is that it's almost post-apocalyptic or at least there was a cataclysm and the player must get into that scavenger mindset. But finding money in trashcan and flower pots rather looks like they randomized it without much discrimination. Perhaps sorting that out was less important that other features.

But it remains one of my favourites in that genre and scope, so far.

I couldn't resist and did a few more quests in Magellan to try and complete all that was in the EA, to finally discover new content. And I stumbled on a mini-game they put on one computer, which is actually the screenshot at the end of this video (at ~13'20") - a micro-quest in text mode that the mainframe guy is apparently playing when he's bored. That quest even rewards the players with XP if they succeed.

DCG made a good effort to put some life into each map, and in all the dialogues.

Back
Top Bottom