Suggestion for game give away

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
There is probably a good reason why this is a bad idea but could you turn the game give-away into a poll (where folks can vote for more than one entry). The idea is then you can automate the list of games folks want instead of having to manually traverse through all the posts and reduce the effort of manual collection of data for the raffles.

someone is going to get a lump of coal for Christmas (but only if they vote for it).

Yeah I thought about that as well. It is some work to get that done obviously. It is currently semi-automatic in the sense that I have a script that extracts the person posting, the registration date, the number of posts (total and in a given timeframe) and the text. The result end up in Excel. The first step is to filter out everyone who doesn’t fit the criteria. The next is to transfer the text to checkboxes for games and the last is to make a selection of the winners, using some randomness and a bit of smart moving things around.
Allowing people to select their games as you suggested would indeed help in the second step, which is where most of the work is. So perhaps for the next giveaway I can get that done :)

Hi Myrthos, can we ask, how to we go about giving some keys for an RPG game away? we have an FPS RTS in development and would like to give some keys away to members of RPG watch?

Back
Top Bottom