The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Yes, she's talented and yes, that's what matters most. :-/

But she also was super cute.
Never happened to you? Seeing a male artist (or female, depending on what's your jam) and your first though isn't art related but… bottom related?

I'm only human…

PS: Spiegel is okay but Derbyshire is effing awesome. Here goes my afternoon. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes, she's talented and yes, that's what matters most. :-/
Ah, I see. Well, you did not say anything about her music. Hence, the disappointment on my side. Never happened to you? Asking someone his/her opinion about an artist you just think is simply amazing and then the only thing that other person is saying: ‘s/he is really goodlooking’.
But she also was super cute.
Never happened to you? Seeing a male artist and your first though isn't art related but… bottom related?
Eh… Can’t remember. Sorry.
Apart from that, most male artists perform with their face facing the audience… I think. :)

I do agree Laurie was stunning in those days.
I'm only human…
Great song! Amazing voice. Awful bottom, surely. ;)
PS: Spiegel is okay but Derbyshire is effing awesome.
Hey, good to know! Thanks.

I wouldn't say awfull, meaty for sure.
It was a joke, ‘awful” being just chosen as the opposite of ‘great’ and ‘amazing’, in light of your ‘question’ in that same post related to bottoms being noticed yes/no when judging an artist.
To tell you the truth, who cares about his behind, I certainly don’t. (Not saying here you do. I’m sure you, like me, could not care less.)

About Kraftwerk. Perhaps it is nice to see a video of them performing… :) :

This concert at the "carussel of the youth" from 1970 is the earliest existing concert video of these electronic pioneers. The band was just created this year and could be seen in the original setup.
Quote from OP at YouTube.

Last edited:
It was a joke, ‘awful” being just chosen as the opposite of ‘great’ and ‘amazing’, in light of your ‘question’ in that same post related to bottoms being noticed yes/no when judging an artist.
To tell you the truth, who cares about his behind, I certainly don’t. (Not saying here you do. I’m sure you, like me, could not care less.)
But I DO care about bottoms.
[removed P&R stuff]

Genuinely Sorry if my first response disapointed you, but IT WAS my first though and I'm not ashamed of it (and certainly don't have to).
Libido is natural. Being imperfect too.

[removed P&R stuff]

PS: Also sorry for the extra work moving this comment in the PR thread :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we were talking about his butt:
I wouldn't say awfull, meaty for sure.

======
As for Spiegel, I understand you noticing here face, hard not too, but seeing the focus on this thread, ‘Listening’, to expect at least one word about the music is not that strange, imo.

But hey, all this attention to this matter, I was not that disappointed (my afternoon certainly was not ruined) so maybe it’s best to move on to some music.

Last edited:
Sure.
Since we past Kraftwerk, let's go post-punk:

Or even weirder, some post-folk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your second video did not load, I corrected it.

Your second video is awesome, the music is. I like it very much.

Thanks.

Yep, Current's 93 is a wonderful band.

In 1999, my soundcard was broken so I had to choose some music (on cassettes, lol) to listen while playing games.
Current's 93 was the music I choose for my playthrough of Baldur's gate 1. Retrospectively, it was so much better than the original bland fantasy music the game has.
It was bleak and sad and that's how I'll always remember the story of the son of Bhaal.
True story.

Here's more:

PS: now everbody knows I'm a goth…:blush:

Hahaha. Gosh, I’d never have guessed. :) Though yeah, virtual life can be different than real life.

That's what makes virtual life so good :)

I began with Black Sabbath, which then morphed into listening to Ozzy's entire solo career. He had some stellar musicians play with him, not the least of which were Randy Rhodes, surely among the greats guitarists of all time. I was fortunate enough to get to see Rhodes live twice in my younger days, and he was even more amazing in person.

This morning I was listening through Clannad's last studio album : Nádúr

I just discovered that the Clannad album "Nádúr" means in fact - according to Wikipeduia - "Nature" - and that means that I can easily translate it into German "Natur". ;)

It's "typical" Clannad : Folk with hints of what got translated into the music of Enya, the Corrs, Loreena McKennitt and other musicians and bands.

They are currently doing their "Farewell" tour, their last tour, because one of the members had died a few years ago.

It's "typical" Clannad : Folk with hints of what got translated into the music of Enya, the Corrs, Loreena McKennitt and other musicians and bands.
Although a family, they parted ways with enya due to creative differences. Which is good as that way both sides made the best possible things.

Here's something I bet you'll also like, live version because you've heard studio recording before:

EDIT:
Forgot, whatever rock I'm living under the other day while on coffee with friends a song from a radio instantly hit me. Average text and average vocals. But with a crazy beautiful background arrangement that I had to find online:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom